Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]...medicinal.....okay.., chicken chat from your Poultry Pals? ![​IMG]

2. LittleMissPurdy

Hey, how goes your little ones[​IMG] & the rest of your flock? how are they handling this crazy cold?

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Well of course chicken chat with my chicken pals. And yes the OJ is purely medicinal. OJ for the antioxidants and the extra for a lil bit of antifreeze and as a sleep aide [​IMG]

The chicks and all...seems like we need spring to be here asap and this cold weather to be over....

Blackbird...over on the other side of Berks from ya. Berks/Lebanon Co. line [​IMG]

4. LittleMissPurdy

Heard that!!..Hope you fair well.[​IMG]..Okay, I have got at least..try, to get some rest... The things we must endure..[​IMG]. Is it..Good nite, or morning?...anyway-as long as it's good! [​IMG]

5. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Her breathing sounds normal, in fact later last evening she really started to perk up! She's been eating and this morning we got a normal poop!!! She's holding her tail up more and acting pretty normal! Think I'll move her to the garage to reacclimate her to cooler temps before putting her back in the coop. She's looking unamused with her cage.... LOL

6. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Either one works! I'm night shift all weekend so as of now my sleep is officially screwed up!!! Stayed up as late as I could so I can go back to bed and sleep while the kids are in school today. Everyone ready for the next blast of snow? I went the other day and stocked up on chicken feed while I could drive thru my yard to the barn so I wouldn't have to carry 50lb bags around behind my house again.....

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LMAO!

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    OH WOW Good for you!!! YAY!!

9. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    We have a cleaner that comes once per week. She vacuums and cleans the bathrooms. My wife works and we have an 11 year old who has aspergers and if you know anyone with a child with autism, it is very time consuming. Not sure why I put that out there, but to say she is strapped for time. In addition, we are always vacuuming with the darn zoo of animals in the house. I ran it after our cleaner was there and the amount of additional hair it collects off the carpet was shocking. At first, I thought the dog had died and it was going back and forth over his dead body. But alas he was just fine, it is just the way it operates. It goes over the same spots so many times, it just does a better job. I don't think we have the patience to vacuum a spot long enough to get it all.

When it is done cleaning, it guides itself back to its own docking station to be recharged. Without a doubt, the only drawback is as Blarney mentioned, the price. It isn't cheap, although they have a wide range of products now. Ours ended costing about $350 after some 20% coupon thing my wife had at Bed Bath and Whatever. I would never have done it on my own, but when my wife says she "absolute wants it", well I just sort of, hmmm how should I put it, how about "get the hell out of the way"?

I have no idea how long it will last either, so durability could be an issue.

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    lol bad

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by