Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

and by the way....

We have chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went out to do our morning chores and checks, we cleaned the other coops and collected eggs... all the while we could here all kinds of chirping coming from the broody pen...

after getting the chores finished we uncovered the wall of the broody pen and couldn't see anything different... but boy could we hear them!!! So Radioman got the camera ready and I did a quick lift to check.... and.......

wee.gif
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif

Looks like 4 or maybe 5? so far... I took out a few egg shells that were laying right in the front, but didn't lift Gracie any higher or otherwise try to touch any chicks... One looked damp yet so I only held her up a few seconds... just long enough to snap this pic and grab those shells....
It was happy time in the coop after we finally saw fluffy butts!!!

Aww so sweet! and is it cold out there?

"When he was holding the Blue Cochin, he said, I am going to name her dryer lint! I love it!"

I got out did on the name for the Cochin.. The family named it nutter.. as in fluff'n nutter... But just between us.. I'm still calling her lint. She seems to perk up at it. I been out side all day fussing over them seeing what they might need.
The one tall cross i got off ya, I named road runner since it so talk is is wicked fast running from my pecking girls:)

Still waiting on these eggs to hatch. Not so much as a pip from them. It's ok...they looked a few days behind. I figured that was from the big trip here.

Now I have to clean up the house...anyone looking for a cheap dresser and chest of drawers set for their kids? I have one and we are "motivated sellers!!!" :D

Cleaning up the house, waiting for eggs to hatch and I WILL be eating Chinese food alot this week thanks to hubby being gone to Turkey. He just left about 20 minutes ago and I'm already missing him.

Just checking in (think I did a long time ago) and throwing more weight on the Berks County end of things! Fleetwood address, Oley School District and escapee from Boyertown many years ago! I have been keeping chickens for 20 years (yikes!) and started with guineas 2 years ago. 8 Welsummers & 4 EEs presently, along with 8 guineas in a separate coop. Thanks to Sally Sunshine for inviting me & must say I love her pups. I am the proud owner of 2 Field Bred Springers, best girls ever. Hi to everyone!
oh YAYA Cindy!!! What luck, Springers YAY!!!! So glad you made it!!!! I wasnt sure you would check in on pms!! LOL so glad you did!! I am not sure who all does guins but I think Ray and Blackbird has a female pearl he is looking to loose as its a singleton...
I think Blarney just hatched some Wels!! Welcome, so glad you came.... no we need pics of all the animals or they just DONT exist!! right Blarney??? he he he

Guess what's been making rounds at my house speaking of protected predators.....11pm two rottweilers made a round around my place. Not gonna be having another big dog bust in and get chickens. It's bad enough the young ones that were from the early November hatch are struggling in this cold. Most are Meyer's frypan specials, but still don't like losing birds.
Wing.... We need a Chicken bearing SHOTGUN emoticon ASAP

and by the way....

We have chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We went out to do our morning chores and checks, we cleaned the other coops and collected eggs... all the while we could here all kinds of chirping coming from the broody pen...

after getting the chores finished we uncovered the wall of the broody pen and couldn't see anything different... but boy could we hear them!!! So Radioman got the camera ready and I did a quick lift to check.... and.......

wee.gif
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif

Looks like 4 or maybe 5? so far... I took out a few egg shells that were laying right in the front, but didn't lift Gracie any higher or otherwise try to touch any chicks... One looked damp yet so I only held her up a few seconds... just long enough to snap this pic and grab those shells....
It was happy time in the coop after we finally saw fluffy butts!!!
oh how precious!!! YAY congrats!!!

Hey, Sally. Until this cold snap, my FF wasn't freezing. I see you are having a problem with FF freezing now too. I FINALLY thought of putting the dish on a cinder block with a light in it. That is what I use to keep the water defrosted too.
Well I am still overfeeding, so we started bringing dishes back in the eves, works better now.
I swear heat lamps next year seriously!! just to take the "nips" out

Back
Top Bottom