Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Oh LORD no. The packing has only been minimal at best. We're procrastinators. But...this weekend I WILL take some stuff to the storage unit.

Chickens will be in cages/storage containers inside of a UHaul trailer pulled by my Mother-in-Law/Father-in-Law. My horse will be transported via the horse trailer by hubby's truck. Marley (lab) and Vida (Shih Tzu) will be with Mira (cat) in my car whilst Kaiser (German Shepherd) will be riding shotgun with hubby in the cab of his truck.

Should be fun! :D
wow, you do have figured out!!..
bow.gif
, and talk about "the Ark"..
D.gif

sounds like a perfect plan! when is the actual move? your storing your stuff not moving it?
We are storing it until we move at the end of February.

March 1, we will be back in Oklahoma. Not that I don't love ya'll, but I do miss food that doesn't always taste sweet or salty. A little spicy can go a LONG way! :D

We have to have the house mostly cleared out so that prospected buyers will look and see:
1. It's not cluttered.
2. It's tastefully decorated.
3. It's spacious.
4. It's got a great floor plan.
5. The fewer "personal touches" you have in your home, the more a buyer will walk in and see their own items in the house.

I realized these things as we looked at housing. The lime green walls, brown panelling and orange carpets did me in on one. BLECK. Who even chooses those colors?!

Oh LORD no. The packing has only been minimal at best. We're procrastinators. But...this weekend I WILL take some stuff to the storage unit.

Chickens will be in cages/storage containers inside of a UHaul trailer pulled by my Mother-in-Law/Father-in-Law. My horse will be transported via the horse trailer by hubby's truck. Marley (lab) and Vida (Shih Tzu) will be with Mira (cat) in my car whilst Kaiser (German Shepherd) will be riding shotgun with hubby in the cab of his truck.

Should be fun! :D

LOL! YOu sound like us! We moved to PA on NY Day with 4 kids (ages 3-7) 3 dogs and 2 cats. Since we have moved here we have lost one dog, added 2 cats, pup on the way and WAY too many chickens. NOT looking froward to the next move.....

We are storing it until we move at the end of February.

March 1, we will be back in Oklahoma. Not that I don't love ya'll, but I do miss food that doesn't always taste sweet or salty. A little spicy can go a LONG way! :D

We have to have the house mostly cleared out so that prospected buyers will look and see:
1. It's not cluttered.
2. It's tastefully decorated.
3. It's spacious.
4. It's got a great floor plan.
5. The fewer "personal touches" you have in your home, the more a buyer will walk in and see their own items in the house.

I realized these things as we looked at housing. The lime green walls, brown panelling and orange carpets did me in on one. BLECK. Who even chooses those colors?!
Good luck with your move! I just made the move from Georgia to PA with a bunch of chickens, chicks and two dogs. It was an adventure and takes so much longer. Just be prepared, the roosters will want to crow at every stop you make and then everyone has to come look and ask questions about them. Be prepared for some interesting looks at you! LOL We had some traveling in cages in an open trailer, covered up though and some in the back of the van with me and the dogs.

I have moved for every two years of my life. I once lived in a house for 2 weeks before moving again. I have moved fish, hamsters, cats and dogs all at the same time. Fortunately, I only had six chicks and a dog when I moved here.

Blackberry and Chocolate Ancona Ducklings 27 days old and Clementine is from end of November hatch!
And of course my 3 youngest!

Back
Top Bottom