Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Oh no Heather!!! It is not cocci, is it?

2. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    I'll have to get my camera out,. Just trying to survive this cold! Guineas have no electric, so I'm hauling water 3 times a day like others. I could take in another female guinea. I have 3 males & 5 females presently. Never integrated just one, but could give it a try. I have plans to build a bigger guinea coop this spring. Will probably use a 6 by 10 kennel for the base. Will have to go cheap, as DS#2 isn't graduating from PSU until May. My Springer girls are getting up there (13 & 10), but they still act like "spring chickens"! Got my girls from Brookwood Kennels in Glen Rock. How'd you get into Springers?

3. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    This talk of hatching makes me sad. Wanted to get an incubator this year to hatch out some guineas, but don't want to freak out DH. Got to get the last kid out of college first, I guess. I feel for all of you that are moving. Been here 28 years and never want to move again unless it's
    to our land in Tioga County. Moving is the pits! This thread is sure is active!

4. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    I wanted to avoid freaking out my family too so I haven't gotten an incubator yet but really want to! Meas Loverman refuses to let me have guineas! Says they're loud and annoying. I said they'd fit right in here on the funny farm! Haha! This thread does keep moving ^^ I only manage to de-lurk and actually post infrequently lol :rolleyes: still fun! :)

5. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I am getting nervous. I watch the roosters (2) mate the girls (14) all the time. I admit to not eating eggs often, but did check for the bulls eye last week, and it was there. Now I am giving Buckbuster15 eggs to hatch, and I am terrified that none will be fertile. PLEASE tell me the chances are incredibly slim that will happen![​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  6. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    so sorry!

7. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    [​IMG]

8. Vinniemac

Vinniemac Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2011
    Western Pennsylvania
    I spent all last summer building my coop & run. Just ordered 4 chicks from Myer Hatchery. They will be shipped April 29th. This is my first time with chickens I hope I do everything right. I've done a lot of reading . Can't wait to get started
    Vinnie

9. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome Vinnie! The people here will be more than welcome to help!

10. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Welcome! What kind did you get?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by