Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    No, there is no blood. This is the batch that I think has come kind of genetic problem. Everything has been really f&^%*^ed up with them. They are not my eggs, I am suspecting in breeding. I have seen that before, it can manifest in a lot of different ways. Usually they are infertile. I am thinking of ending the rest of them, I don't want these issues possibly passed on to others. They had a lot of neurological stuff too, IDK. We shall see.

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    That sounds like the best thing to do. I am so sorry you are going through this :(

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    2 roos over 14 hens, Yes. Chances are incredibly slim that will happen.
    Luck favors the prepared. Great Job Vinnie!! Not many people I know get the coop first, saves you a lot of stress I imagine.

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    McC... I have a bunch of baby LF cochin boys!!! Blue or black!

5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Got a fox stalking my babies in broad daylight. It tore a hole in the screening on my broody coop with my Olive Egger chicks in it, got one OE out and was chasing it around, with my dogs hot on her heels. GD thing was causing a ruckus, I ran out in my bare feet screaming and waving my arms, it took a run straight at me, I don't know if it was coming for me or running from the dogs, who were right on her. Spent the next hour searching for the dogs, Great Pyr came back first, thought for sure all we'd find of the Yorkie was his lil red sweater. But he came back. DH is sitting watching now, gun loaded.

Fox prints I saw this morn while walking.
    [​IMG]

3 of my OE babies: I just LOVE lacing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Blarney...that fox sound like it might make a nice rug...I find myself walking round in the morning after a fresh snow also....you see things you would otherwise miss.

Sally....I need some cheering up !!!! found out there's another surgery coming and really do not wanta....atleast they are lettng me put it off till next fall if pssible..

7. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm amazed at how little I'm seeing in the snow. Some squirrel and a lone cat and a rabbit.

Keep the rifle handy anyway, just need to make sure where the neighbors cows are.

Got some wood in for the coming ice storm. I hate ice. Snow is so much better.

Thinking this would be a good day to brew some beer. Its either that or clean, I hate cleaning.

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    HEAT HEAT HEAT !!!! Awesome KIT let us know how you do it!! PICS!! by way of PM maybe lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by