Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Well, I found where it's "loose" at, whether it's a break or dislocation, I'm not 100% sure, but leaning towards break. Seems like it's exactly where the poult had been broken, which means that it was the tom who did it. The poult was broken because the kids pushed down on it, breaking that part of the leg. Ugh. I'm not sure how well a heavy bird will heal. I had a duck that was run over who healed completely (still have her, I think, couldn't tell her apart from the rest within a month), but pekin ducks are feather weights compared to this girl. The two little ones, including the poult with a break in the same place, healed fine. I don't know if I can set this leg though. It's "in place" now, but without being able to feel the bone all around, I'm not sure if it's set. She's a MUCH bigger bird than a tiny poult, so setting would require much more strength and with that big of a muscle being swollen, I can't feel what I'm doing. I'm going to set up a hoist for her, using a feed bag and a hand towel. I just have to figure out how to make a stand for her. For now, I'm going to find a place in the basement, but that'll be stationary, until I can figure out a mobile version. I'll have to keep the toms away from BOTH hens, and only allow supervised copulation. Fun stuff. I wonder if there are any swivel style wheels out there that will go "off road", for her to be able to go back outside. This house, she could possibly be a house bird for a little while, but at the new house, it's all carpet crap, which would make it hard for her to move the wheels.

The sad thing is that all of my meat birds WERE kept on a diet. She's only 20lbs, which is actually pretty light for her age and breed. I tried to keep them lighter to prevent this kind of thing. I just feel like such a jerk right now. At least now that I found WHERE the problem is and WHAT it is, I can do more to fix it, besides just letting her sit in the house suffering. Please cross fingers that I can get her back up. I might be doing some AI on the other hen now and just keep the toms completely off of the ladies. They're light, a royal palm and a royal palm cross, but apparently that wasn't enough.
I wish you the best!
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Anyone know of a chemical (or anything) that will kill the grass quickly? I never did get the new garden 100% grass free last year, and this year I am extending it. I have a ... Grass hopper? Umm... MANTIS! That's it! A little tiller (Caterpillar?). LOL. Anyway, I have a small hickey jigger, but that was about useless last year. So? Any suggestions?

Here are a number of ways of killing that grass naturally without poisons. http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/pla...aturally-kill-unwanted-grass-in-your-yard.htm

Off to my favorite place in the world....the dentist.....and due to Fiancee's work mess...he can't take off to go with me....so I'm going to a strange dentist all by myself....why do I feel like a 4 year old on the first day of kindergarten??? Actually...they kinda want to go there...I want nothing to do with this...but Fiancee won't let me put it off till after we get married.

Quote:
Google+ page - Write a review

Thank you. She's going to have someone call me back. I have a little bit of hope now, even if they're far away. A call back is FAR better than "umm, I'm sorry, but I don't even know who to tell you to call." This is a pretty big agricultural area here, WHY do they not have avian/poultry vets here?!
I havent a clue why their arent!!

I was thrilled to meet the new guy, he assisted the tail docking and dew claws on the pups! He is cool too! So I know if I absolutely need him, he is there for us!! YAY and only a short trip for us too!

One of these should work...
lau.gif

Anyone know of a chemical (or anything) that will kill the grass quickly? I never did get the new garden 100% grass free last year, and this year I am extending it. I have a ... Grass hopper? Umm... MANTIS! That's it! A little tiller (Caterpillar?). LOL. Anyway, I have a small hickey jigger, but that was about useless last year. So? Any suggestions?

I wish you the best!
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Thank you. I appreciate the support. Most people just say, "it's a meat bird, butcher and have a great meal", but these are my breeder birds, not destined to be eaten, not to mention I can't even kill a turkey that IS destined for dinner. We've all gotten attached to these birds and it's sickening to see her in this situation. Wouldn't kill a dog for having a broken leg, and I like her much more than any dog!

Off to my favorite place in the world....the dentist.....and due to Fiancee's work mess...he can't take off to go with me....so I'm going to a strange dentist all by myself....why do I feel like a 4 year old on the first day of kindergarten??? Actually...they kinda want to go there...I want nothing to do with this...but Fiancee won't let me put it off till after we get married.
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom