Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Haha I love how they look, so standofish and angry but they're so little [​IMG] Ko shamo are actually a completely different breed than Shamo are. Ko Shamo are japan's "Bantam shamo" but they are generally accepted as an entirely different breed and finding legit stock is far and few in between. So, in Europe at least, Ko Shamo are a true bantam breed. I'm not sure how they judge them in the US. All I know is that I love them to pieces

Here are some, They are little birds. None of these are mine, Google images stuff [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (No idea who this is, but you can get an idea how small they are)
    [​IMG]

In any sense, I'm looking at this >>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-KO-Shamo-...305?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232784d5f1

It's someone in Georgia. They have adult birds available too, but they'll probably also be very pricey, especially with shipping piled on top.

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'd still contact them. I was wrong about the picture page, but the bottom of the main site says "I also breed ko shamo" and a bunch of other stuff. Can't hurt to contact them for pictures and pricing, especially if those guys are wanting $100 for six eggs!!!

3. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
  4. LeBlackbird

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Yeah I know, the price burns my eyes every time I glance at it. Thanks, I didn't even notice that [​IMG] might as well give it a try, especially since he's practically on top of me anyways [​IMG] Thanks for that link!!

5. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    You're welcome! I hope it pans out and you get some eggs or something from them, without having to give them an arm, a leg and your first born son, lol.

6. LeBlackbird

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

MC black plastic sheeting works. Put it down now so three weeds sprout from the sun's heat then get frozen by cold nights. You can also leave it down and just cut holes to put transplants in. I've also used cardboard as mulch. Did one area with scrap from a drywall project, used newspapers, straw, grass clippings......

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  8. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    We used the bedding from the bird room to mulch. It never burned the plants like everyone said it would, but it did choke out all the weeds!

9. radioman

radioman Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2012
    Indiana County
    Would love to have a dozen of these in my yard...

[​IMG]

But this how my neighbors would start to see things...

[​IMG]

10. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    This is what I do also.....just do not think twiceabout what your knees are resting in..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by