Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you,Thank you.awesomeness as usual!!...Would it be ok to attend the Penn State class even if I already did the first-half of the class?...just need to do the blood draw..[​IMG]

thank you Chad, yes- you would be the one to know! [​IMG]...We only used it that one time to get things "under" control, and boy it did!

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

So is the Harrisburg one the same as the Lancaster one was??

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I had ducks for a lil and You'd think with the constant wetness that those cute buggers add would water down the nitrogen in the bedding. It's worth an experiment to see how it works out.

4. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Got a call back from the vet, Sally. He said that I will know best what to do, if it comes to killing her, but for now, if I use a support, make sure to check for breast blisters. Mostly, nothing new gained. From nursing school, I know all too well what pressure sores can do (they can KILL a person). But, he was friendly and at least backed me up and gave me some support.

5. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Well I guess I will find out this summer when I start adding it to my garden! [​IMG]

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    they didnt have the avian vet call did they!

7. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    When you get settled where your gonna be let me know and I will get you hooked up with the vet in the area so you can get the field portion done and get your license.

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Yep.

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I don't know how high the nitrogen is in duck poop. Dang should have watched more jeopardy [​IMG]

10. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I forget his name, but he was the avian vet. The problem is mostly the size of the girl. He said I was doing the right thing to check other options besides just killing her, but it didn't look good, because of where the break is and her weight. Basically, he said to try my method (setting it ad keeping her in a sling or contraption, make sure EVERYONE has enough calcium, make sure she can access feed and water and watch for shock, though since she's large and currently inside, he said I shouldn't worry about that. But, he said if she doesn't eat or drink, then I should put her down. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by