Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    Oletymer, I dearly wish you could do a portrait of our Bess, but it's nigh impossible to get a good picture of her. All you see is long black hair covering everything and it's a type of hair coat that absorbs the light instead of reflecting it in a picture.

2. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Well can u post any of them so I can see what u have?[​IMG]

3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    My sister has an invisible fence...not like the buried kind, but one that has a base station. She places it in her dining room which is at the back of the house, thus the dogs have free roam behind the house...but only have to the curb in front of the house.....oh...and she hasn't put batteries in the dogs collars in prolly 2 years...once the dogs got their mild zaps a few times....they had no more interest in going into the street or off the property.

4. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Ok I forget who has the brinsea advanced incubator?? Got 2 out hatched and they are bowling, do I take the babies out or leave thm in with remaining eggs??

5. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    My understanding is that you keep the incubator closed until everyone is out. Most people agree that the few that are out and bowling encourage the others to hatch faster.

1 person likes this.
  6. Lilbrownie

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Ok needed someone to calm this mama hen!! They will stay in over night! This is my first hatch

7. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I don't, but there's a vendor at a farmer's market I occasionally do that sells them (butchered) Over the weekend, I can find out if they have a breeding flock, and if they sell eggs/poults. They're from Juniata county, so not terribly far either.

8. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    He's quite a handsome guy. Other than his ear set, he looks very much like a black & tan English Shepherd, like Fisherlady and I have. If he were, that would be a good thing. I don't know from personal experience, but I've heard GSD usually have too much prey drive to be safe with chickens.

9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I do, no eggs yet.

10. Lilbrownie

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Ok so need help, the other 2 eggs have shown no progression! They both pipped but they didn't pip well more like just put cracks in their eggs. So I just removed the little bit that they. Raked in hopes if they got air they would move a long better but nothing! What should I do? Should I remove the original 2 and just leave them be or should I assist them in anyway! Please any help is welcome!! :/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by