Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Welcome!! North Indiana county here, but would be closer to Punxsy in reality... nice group of birds there!
    That is so cool... hopefully he'll hand around the area and come back to visit so you can snap some pics! [​IMG]
    Yep, they don't care for the wind! I think they are like many other animals I have spent time around, they rely on their sense of hearing as a major part of their self defense mechanism.... wind noise interferes with that and it makes them nervous. Our roosters crow at strange noises, so the wind causes a lot of strange noises outside of the coop... and they spend their time crowing about it!

Great skill!! I absolutely love the calico in pic 4 in the top right! Gorgeous!
    Very cool that you are doing this for the Humane Society... such a great way to give back!

2. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

My stupid chickens are out running around in the mudhole that was my garden in this cold wind. Silly birds!

3. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

And welcome to all the new people from this corner of Lancaster county!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  4. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    I can definitely see why you call him "Brown Bear". I don't see the german shepherd in him at all (Edit: I hope that doesn't sound wrong. I meant he is a fuller rounder face than the typical long nose shepherd). He is beautiful. I trained my dog with a field collar. I put up a few flags and as he got close to them, I gave him a beep and if he kept going he would get a small shock (it is very small, like vibration small - not tazer small). He is a smart dog, he had it down in 5 minutes. Now if only my children were as smart ....

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  5. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    He's a cutie, as far as staying in the yard...[​IMG]my dogs take off every chance they can,

6. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa
    He is very handsome. I don't have any tips for off leash training. My dogs always have a car chasing problem and never trusted to off leash training. Good luck with him :)

7. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Anyone have adult royal palms? Looking to either gt hens or hatching eggs.

8. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    do they have good produce right now? haven't been in a couple of weeks, the last i got, some of what i got wasn't too good.

9. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    what a beauty, his eyes look like my husbands schipperke

10. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012

I did get potatoes that were good, got a whole case of romain lettuce, it was ok...birds loved it...melons were really ripe this week

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by