Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Yep.......................

2. HiddenHens987

HiddenHens987 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    I don't know if anyone is looking but I'll throw it out there...

I have 2 RIR hens that I need to find homes for! They are great girls and wonderful layers but they are too loud for our area. I'm located in bucks county PA and can meet somewhere local (Or further for some gas and toll money!) Both girls are just 1 year old purchased last spring from Pickering Valley Farm store.. PM me for more info! I'd like to get $10 each as a re-homing fee but I am negotiable on that. I want to see them go to a good home were they will be taken care of! If you want to eat them, thats your choice..

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  3. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Going to pick up a new chicken tomorrow. A beautiful Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster from Nittany Wyandottes! I am so excited! It will be my first SLW rooster. I can't wait to make babies!!!

4. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I talked to some people on the Ameraucana Thread. There is a lot of hokey stuff being said..............on the bright side the business was sold to another man. He is ligit, he fills the orders.........................but if your look under the incubator thread, under reviews, they catch on fire pretty easily. I know they all can, but the ratio to how many where made versus how many caught on fire was a little bit to close to me. I am going to just keep using my styro's for a while, and save up for a Brisnea 190, and the water pump. It will cost probably $1000.00 with the shipping. Of course I am chicken crazy, but that is a lot of $$$. I also thought about making my own.............who knows. I am not going to stress about it.

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    THey have beautiful birds. I wish I would have found them a few weeks ago. They are right up the road from me.

6. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    You are lucky, they are going to have b/b/s chicks soon!!!

7. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    guess i better stick with what i have, at least it was cheap enough a close friends husband gave it to me after she died,
    was a sad time.
    you're right, that is alot of money but if its what you want, save, save and get it[​IMG]

8. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    You gonna post some pictures so we can admire him too? [​IMG]

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Can anyone tell me of a place in Central PA to get roos processes? Also, what is the right age to do this?

10. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Here he is. This is a picture taken by them at there farm. He is even more gorgeous in person!!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by