Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Srbenda

Srbenda Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2009
    Southern Chester Co....
  2. Nslangton

Nslangton Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012

I have seven month old chicks. Have not had chickens for 20+ years so I was extremely nervous. I am over that now raising chickens isn't rocket science. I got 4 white leghorns and 3 brown RIR/White Rock crosses. I got them from a local hatchery because I thought they would be healthier if they weren't shipped. I would be traumatized opening a box of dead chickens. Chicken math got me already. I ordered six, they gave me seven. I designed the coop for six so I am already over my limit. Now reading this site and seeing so many beautiful chickens like the Rooster above and I want more. Another coop is in the plans for next year so I wont go through chick withdrawal. They grow supper fast. I am so happy that there are so many people in PA that use this site. Hopefully my next chicks will come from a local breeder.

They haven't ventured too far out yet. I will post some more pics the next time they go out. Today is freezing and last week it was really hot for this time of year.
  3. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Welcome new members! nslangton, love the dogs, yellow, choc and black!
  4. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    What a bunch of cuties!!!! Dogs too!!!!

5. kgeorge

kgeorge Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Beech Creek, PA
    Central PA
  6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Welcome Srbrenda and kgeorge
  7. Baggagolers

Baggagolers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Hi Katelee we must be neighbors. I'm near Brodheadsville.
  8. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    The girls getting to know the new man.

9. wyandotte86

wyandotte86 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2010
    Berks Co., PA
    Hello All,

Just an FYI and since I see alot of you are from PA, I thought I'd post this...

There will be a Spring Poultry, Bird & Small Animal Sale on Saturday May 12th in Ephrata, PA starting at 10:00am. The location is at the Green Dragon Small Animal Auction on the grounds of the Green Dragon Farmer's Market in scenic Lancaster County, PA (the market has a website . The market is only open on Fridays, but this particular auction will be on Saturday and food will be available.

The address is 955 North State Street Ephrata, PA 17522.

At the auction you can expect to find all breeds of poultry, pigeons, cage birds (parrots, lovebirds, finches, etc), rabbits, peafowl, many colors of guineafowl, ornamental pheasants, chicks, cages, wire, etc.

Consignments are welcome and receiving of animals for the sale will start at 6:00am on Saturday morning.

*Please keep in mind that the state of PA requires the out-of-state poultry for sale must have been tested negative for Avian Influenza. So please have this documentation available if applicible*

** Also, any cages/carriers used to sell animals MUST go with the animals when sold**

For more details, feel free to email Keith at [email protected] or call at 610-763-9804. A flyer for the auction can also be emailed to anyone who is interested.

So mark your calendars for Saturday May 12th 2012!!!!
  10. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Awesome! I will probably be able to come!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by