Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    yeah! I am planning on going, too!

2. wyandotte86

wyandotte86 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2010
    Berks Co., PA
    If anyone is wondering what might show up to the Green Dragon Special Sale auction, I can give a list of the birds I personally will be bringing just to give an idea of what to expect. I will have a pretty big load as I am selling out of a number of birds and I only have a pair or 2 of some of these breeds......

Peafowl: 2011 Indian Blue Hens and Blue Pieds

Pheasants: 2011 Cinnamon goldens, Yellow Goldens, and Silver hens

Guineafowl in many colors: Slate, Pied, Royal Purple Pied, Lavender Pied, White

Chickens:

- Bantams: Silver and Golden Campines, Black Rosecombs (Rick Hare line), Buff Brahmas, BB Red Cubalayas, Old English in Splash and Golden Duckwing, Silver Spangled Hamburgs, Silver laced and Blue Wyandottes, and Partridge Silkies

- Large Fowl: Black Langshans, Blue Andalusians, BB Red Cubalayas, Silver Phoenix, and a single Golden Pencilled Hamburg hen.

Ducks: White & Fawn and White Runners, Blue Fawn Calls, maybe White Calls

Geese: One Tufted Roman (I think it's a hen)

Pigeons: English Trumpeters, Baghdads, Mookies, Red Fantails, White Indian Fantails, Rollers, possibly Egyptian Swifts

3. Katelee

Katelee Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2012
    Yes we are neighbors - we are in Swiftwater

4. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    That sounds like a good way to get in trouble at the Green Dragon, lol. I think I'm about an hour away, so I might be tempted...

5. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Anyone in York/Adams County area need a coop? This looks like it would work well ~ and it is FREE!

Quote:

6. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    That is so awesome!!! I will have to look it up.

7. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Heather, please do...my BF says 1 (large) coop is enough...of course he's wrong...but....

8. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I don't know if any of you might be interested in a new dog, but I have one male English shepherd puppy left from a January litter that I'd like to place soon ES are fantastic small farm/homestead dogs. You can read more about the breed here. http://www.englishshepherd.org/find.htm

The little guy I'm looking to place visits my chickens & ducks every day, and is the calmest puppy that I've ever seen with them. He pays attention to them, but his prey drive doesn't kick in, so I think he'll turn out to be a super poultry guardian. He can be very sweet and snuggly, too, and is starting to understand that peeing is to be done outside.

I'm a bit north of Harrisburg, and would make a really good deal to the perfect family where this little darlin' can thrive and reach his potential. Send me a pm here if you want more info. Please put your regular email address in the pm.

Diane W

9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I tried to get it. They never emailed me back :- (

10. Aeropennchick

Aeropennchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Southern PA
    Wow I thought I knew a lot about dog breeds but hadn't heard of english shephards! Looks like a wonderful animal. So first my sister buys a karelian bear dog, that I never heard of, and now this. Man, I need to stop researching chickens and update myself on canines! Haha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by