Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

how 'bout some updated pics???

Ours are still going strong, we've been incredibly lucky with them.... Mindy is totally in love with all the new ones, and they are starting to check her over more and more each day (they think the fluffy fur on her paws must be hiding food, they jump on her paws and start scratching!)

Gracie doesn't object to Mindy, or the chicks climbing on Mindy... but don't let one of the other hens get even near the divider fence or she goes all 'Velocoraptor' on them! We allowed more access between the broody area today, and the coop of Gracie's original flock mates.... and found it will need supervision for a while. We had 2 knock-down, drag out, roll around on the floor fights between Gracie and 2 other hens who got too close to the chicks! So for a while it will be closely supervised mingling only till Gracie settles or the other hens decide to leave her alone. Funny thing is she was fine with the rooster, who checked out her and the little ones with no dramatics.

OK... enough rambling... on to cute...

The gang being supervised at 5 days old
at 13 days, growing like weeds! under the nose of Mindy, the barring is really showing on the BRs now.
'Jockeying' for position

3 chick per wing limit!

well, if you can't take a wing, then grab scoot up front!
awwwww look at that last pic!! I cant believe she doesnt eat them, my dogs would have a scramble!!

LOL. Bread, lunch meat, water and canned goodies I can cook on the wood stove for me. I obviously don't need eggs.
wink.png
LOL we can live off of eggs if need be at least till the chickens starve then we eat them right?

sally where did you get your white silkies from? can i keep them in the same house as standards? my birds are all nice no pecking
I got them local last year.

I wouldnt see why not, but it all depends chickens are weird and nit picky! we converted a dog house for the silkies, I love it!

We actually have some in the bator due to hatch next week, I will let you know what we got to hatch! what colors are you interested in?

I just want to let you know I watched that video, 5x to make sure I saw each one, and counted them. Yes I think you have 2 boys, 3 girls, and 1 I am on the fence about. Looks like a pullet, but it doesn't have many feathers??? Could be a slow grower!
HEATHER let me know what you think I got!
update Brooder box Chicks ~ FF time!
Look at the size of Harmonys tiny Serama next to those babies!! lol BTW there are silkie babies in there too!
And Harmony and Lucas at the end. Silly twerps

I just want to let you know I watched that video, 5x to make sure I saw each one, and counted them. Yes I think you have 2 boys, 3 girls, and 1 I am on the fence about. Looks like a pullet, but it doesn't have many feathers??? Could be a slow grower!
Quote: LOL!!!! one is very very tiny, not sure whats up with it.

sally where did you get your white silkies from? can i keep them in the same house as standards? my birds are all nice no pecking

I have one Silkie, and she holds her own with the main flock. When I add new chooks to the main flock, I add more than one at a time, and put them in after dark, while the others are sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom