Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    awwwww look at that last pic!! I cant believe she doesnt eat them, my dogs would have a scramble!!

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LOL we can live off of eggs if need be at least till the chickens starve then we eat them right?

3. honeyb

honeyb Out Of The Brooder

sally where did you get your white silkies from? can i keep them in the same house as standards? my birds are all nice no pecking

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I got them local last year.

I wouldnt see why not, but it all depends chickens are weird and nit picky! we converted a dog house for the silkies, I love it!

We actually have some in the bator due to hatch next week, I will let you know what we got to hatch! what colors are you interested in?

5. honeyb

honeyb Out Of The Brooder

my dd likes the white what other colors do you have?

6. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I just want to let you know I watched that video, 5x to make sure I saw each one, and counted them. Yes I think you have 2 boys, 3 girls, and 1 I am on the fence about. Looks like a pullet, but it doesn't have many feathers??? Could be a slow grower!

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

8. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Never claimed all my food is the most appetizing. Some is best described as "survival gruel".
    If there is anything you need while laid up, I am close, just let me know.

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I got them for the NYD hatch and not one hatched. The box was crushed upon arrival so I'm blaming the USPS. Duramaxgrl was kind enough to replace them for me (not all breeders are so kind)

10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I have one Silkie, and she holds her own with the main flock. When I add new chooks to the main flock, I add more than one at a time, and put them in after dark, while the others are sleeping.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by