Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Cuteness OVERLOAD!

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    MsLadyHawke just dropped off some eggies! We are hatching again…. Set 45 eggs, sure hope those BLRW and BCMs from Duramaxgirl hatch.

Heading to Parkesburg Tractor Supply tomorrow for their Livestock Swap, looks like it's 11~2. The manager told me they'd be having it no matter the weather.

3. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

how 'bout some updated pics???

Ours are still going strong, we've been incredibly lucky with them.... Mindy is totally in love with all the new ones, and they are starting to check her over more and more each day (they think the fluffy fur on her paws must be hiding food, they jump on her paws and start scratching!)

Gracie doesn't object to Mindy, or the chicks climbing on Mindy... but don't let one of the other hens get even near the divider fence or she goes all 'Velocoraptor' on them! We allowed more access between the broody area today, and the coop of Gracie's original flock mates.... and found it will need supervision for a while. We had 2 knock-down, drag out, roll around on the floor fights between Gracie and 2 other hens who got too close to the chicks! So for a while it will be closely supervised mingling only till Gracie settles or the other hens decide to leave her alone. Funny thing is she was fine with the rooster, who checked out her and the little ones with no dramatics.

OK... enough rambling... on to cute...

[​IMG] The gang being supervised at 5 days old
    [​IMG] at 13 days, growing like weeds! under the nose of Mindy, the barring is really showing on the BRs now.
    [​IMG] 'Jockeying' for position

[​IMG] 3 chick per wing limit!

[​IMG] well, if you can't take a wing, then grab scoot up front!

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    awww they are so cute!!

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    WOW! They look big for 13 days. Really cute!!

6. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

7. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    LOL. Bread, lunch meat, water and canned goodies I can cook on the wood stove for me. I obviously don't need eggs. ;)

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Your NUTS! LMAO!! She is red, short and chubby just like me except she is sooooo fluffy and pretty!
    You know THIS IS one A W E S O M E hatch My friend!! I cant wait to see them grow!! I love them! WELL DONE!!!!!!!

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    YAY!!! When did you get the duramax eggies? I am so forgetful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by