Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    OH so there are other woman out in this big world that think alike....[​IMG]

2. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    I ordered 3 white leghorns from them due around that time. What exactly is chicks night out???

3. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Huh. Ya know? After 4 glasses, even bad wine starts to taste good!

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    True!!

Sally... they are asking for you over on the hatch along page....

5. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    I caught my golden laced wyandotte in the bucket today and popped her egg in the bator, Well I hope it was her egg she was sitting on[​IMG] excited to see if it veins up by next week.

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Yeah...me too...heck..I'm trying to find the cheapest wedding bands I can...cause I'd rather spend the $$ on chicken stuff.

Welcome to the PA thread (in case I missed welcoming you before...)

Yay glad they've "come home"

Have had some awesome and some terrible wine today...and will have the same tomorrow! Doing the Hershey Harrisburg Wine Traile Valenwines special....trying to find all the wines for our wedding. Have our blush picked out Autumn Rose from Cavalressi Winery in Bernville. Currently looking for a dry red (yuck), dry white (yuck) sweet red, and possibly sweet white (though we may wind up with Fainting Goat from Franklin Hill Vineyards for the red, and Tears of Gettysburg for the white) and a sparkling. Anyone have any suggestions for PA wines that you really like?

7. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
  8. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

My Godmother works there,so she invited me last year. When we walked in they had a bunch of folding chairs set up for a seminar that Purina gave on chicken keeping. A breeder on here brought some of her show chickens and ducks (who I later bought from). They did A LOT of door prizes. Every person there put their name in the drawing, and I have 6 people in my family, so we won quite a few prizes. The best thing I won was a 50 lb. bag of med. chick starter, but they were handing out Heat lamps, bags of DE, T-Shirts. It was just a lot of fun, and bins of RIR's, the first of the spring, but I am NOT walking out with any of those this year. Learned that lesson! Also, that night you get to place a hatchery order for as few as 3 chicks(which I see you already did)people like that so they aren't having to place a big minimum chick order. Fun, fun, fun! I think it's from 6:30-8:30

9. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Wilcox winery has some nice wines... they have one called 'wedding white' which is available through state stores. I remember one called '3 ships to the wind' from a winery out in the Harriburg area, but that was 8 yrs ago, so can't remember the winery name, Sorry. Though honestly, I've never been a very picky wine person, simple white, middle of the road for sweet and not too dry....
    Now if you want to try something easy to drink... try some of the Evan Williams Honey. Good stuff!

10. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Three Ships to the Wind is from Adams County Winery. Adams County Winery has a very nice selection of wines. Personally if it were my wedding, I would pick 1 red & 1 white wine that I liked and that would be it. It gets too complicated if you try to please everyone.
    Tears of Gettysburg is one of my favorite whites and Rebel Red is a great red.

Adams County Winery will also make custom labels for your wedding.

http://www.adamscountywinery.com/winelist_all.htm

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by