1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Yes Blarney!!! The splash are very pretty!

2. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA

The ones that have the black lacing look a lot like gold laced black, however you say it, I am not up on that!

3. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    [​IMG]

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

5. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    does it qualify as holding up my end of the deal if i have a few broodies doing all the work.....have 2 silkie's trying to go broody, 1 jersey giant who I fight with daily to give up the eggs, and 1 leghorn who will not come out of the barn, i think she has a stash of eggs up there.???

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

7. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Our chick days are at The Mill around here, (even though there's a TSC 30 min. from me) The Mill is a one minute drive. Last year I brought home new chicks every time I bought feed. I'm in trouble too! Lord, help us all!![​IMG]

8. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

9. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    From the Chicken Math page.

Quote:

10. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

I have NEVER been one for jewelry or perfume... not that I don't enjoy being female... just my preference isn't there for gifts. A few of mine over the years (and yes, these are what I had wanted/requested)
    .... Chainsaw (recently upgraded to a bigger one... LOVE IT!!! )
    .... Good quality circular saw with laser site
    .... Framing nailer (air gun for up to 3" nails)
    ... utility wagon/cart for yard
    .... air gun for roofing nails
    .... Heavy duty cordless drill with work bag (am on second one, wore out first!)
    .... high quality chisel set
    .... air sander
    ... many, many other smaller tool sets
    So I can totally understand the ditch being an awesome gift! If I had the location, that would be near top of the list for me also!
    So far we've had one broody... she may be our first, but I sure plan that she won't be our last!! We have absolutely loved the broody thing, and it is so cool to watch them teach the youngsters... I will gladly find eggs for any of our hens who get in the mood. I'm sure we can find home for any chicks we don't have room for... like that would happen! LOL [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I will be tempted, but I am really hoping to find some quality breeding stock to bring into our flock, so will work on resisting... (note I did say 'work on'!! LOL)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by