Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    Yay! Did someone already split the order? If not, I'll do it! ^^ would love to maybe hatch 1 or 3 blues! Thanks much, I'll keep in touch!

Had a hawk scare this morning! It dove into my run, an open aired chainlink dog kennel, he missed cuz the girls ran into the coop and my roo Cortez whacked it. It flew up into my pine trees that overlook the run and then away. Loverman and I covered the kennel with bamboo poles (stalks?). If I find a camera I'll try to post pics :lol: cuz it looks ridiculous.

2. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Looks don't matter if it gets the job done! Glad you didn't suffer any losses and the roo stood his ground!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    The SPITZ are coming the SPITZ are coming!! Thurs or Friday!! I FORGOT!!! The SPITZ are coming!!!

y'all know what this means??????? I need to find a Breed to put on top of my list!!!

SUGGESTIONS????? and REASONS????

Maybe GOATS? LMAO!!!
    OMG DH will KILL ME!! how long does it take to milk a goat in the morning and is it twice a day? can I do it in the garage??? [​IMG][​IMG]Wait do they have auto milkers? I have RA!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

5. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sally, join me in trying to get Swedish flower hens in this area! They are so pretty and varied! OK, not really a breed, but a landrace, but I don't care.

6. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    [​IMG]

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Gonna do my homework

8. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Just wanted to let you know... a member of the boards, named Aoxa, had her barn burn down and lost all of her chickens, some sheep and her livestock guardian dog.
    She is active on some of the other threads, and recently started an absolutely beautiful one about photography. I can't imagine going through what she is suffering right now.

She did ask that everyone make a point to examine EVERY power cord they are using in their barn to keep their water from freezing. I haven't spoken with her direct yet, but am assuming a bad cord must be suspected of being the cause...

So to all of my new friends on here.... PLEASE.... PLEASE take some time to go out to the barn/shed/coop and make sure all is well so this doesn't happen to any of you. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  9. sharron

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    boy, thats really pretty but what we had was prettier, we had sunshine most of the day and in the 50's, would rather had what we did[​IMG]

10. sharron

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    not sure, but i think i saw three roos today, sure looked like the pic you showed., least i think they were roos, since i don't know those chickens, i could be wrong, hey barb, did you hear what they were?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by