Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I'm all for encouraging folks to make snap decisions to get critters [​IMG], but maybe you could hold off. I have a trio of BCM hatched last summer that I'll sell, and will be hatching cuckoos later this year. All the marans came from dark eggs I hatched here. Might could probably maybe have Welsummers too. I just made arrangements to hatch some for a friend, though hers are from hatchery stock.

Strap a chicken crate to the back of the bike and git on down here!

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    ugh! Sorry. Utilities are the worst!!

3. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

DH got into a terrible skirmish with an opposum last night. It's been lurking around the coops for a couple nights now, and last night DH saw him and had enough of it. BUT high velocity pellet guns do not kill them apparently, and it got horrible quickly. My 10 yr. old DS witnessed way too much, and I think it even scarred DH, who has never killed anything. In the end the 'possum lost, and DS slept with his lights on![​IMG] DH drank quite a few beers last night,too! Thank God I didn't witness it. I will say it really showed me how much DH loves me, because the chickens are my thing, but he was gonna protect what was dear to me. Some days I really LOVE him.[​IMG]

On a different note, I just reserved my Double Laced Barnevelder eggs for the Easter hatchalong. I want to extend the same offer I just did with Kiomey to the first person interested. Half of whatever hatches for exactly half the cost. With Kiomey, I got 15 BLRW eggs for $40. 12 hatched, so she got, 6 of them and I threw in 2OE's and an EE for $20. We did a blind pick, so to speak, so no gender guessing. I'm on the map and would be willing to drive up to a half hour, so if you're interested and close enough, let me know! I'm going to take the first person, if anyone, that wants to do it. This girl is on here as pysankigirl if you want to look at her birds. She's charging $2 per egg, but I think she can only send 12. Plus exact shipping from Virginia(so really close), to give you an idea.
    Let Me Know
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  4. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Aww! Life is easier without possums. Our garbage was always torn open and I've caught them trying to attack my bantams. We had a momma and three babies. One baby was run over and something, err someone, happened to the rest. So much easier not putting up with them.

5. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Is anyone close ordering or interested in ordering bantams from a hatchery? I want to get blue laced bantam cornish, but don't want to get 25!

6. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    Howdy from a newbie in Chester County...that SE for those living above RT80...lol

7. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Welcome, if you look at the link in my sig you'll see where most of us are located...if you'd like to be put on the map, just let me know your zip.

8. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    Thanks MissyDCPC, its 19355

9. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    I am right next door to you. I believe 19355 is Malvern/Willistown?

10. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Hello from another Chester Countian! I am in Wagontown. Welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by