Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Don't plan on it. The jack russel part will think they're baby rats & try to kill them. My beagles never bothered the grown chickens (who made tasty poop for the beags) but would catch and kill escaped pheasant chicks the year I brooded them in the basement.

Fisherlady, I love Mindy's curls. Remind me please, is Diamond her mother?

2. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Her mom is Mati... (I think short for Mati Hara)
    Mindy's coat is the rougher texture, it is kinky when wet. Now her half brother Gibbs, who my Mom has, and I believe is brother to one of your dogs, has a softer, longer coat. Gibbs coat is just gorgeous.

Mindy got a bath last night, much to her disgust... she spent over two weeks getting all that good chicken smell rubbed in and we went and ruined it for her! LOL

3. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

It doesn't appear that there will be wine or chocolate, so here's the plan: I'll bring a stash of Hershey's Kisses & you can pick up a 4 pack of the Zinfandel minis. We'll hide in the car having chocolate and wine with DH as a lookout. Hmmm...I may have to bring some Miller Light though, as wine goes straight to my head.

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Nope Sally, No snow here, we have barely gotten a coating all season so far.......

Good luck to everyone setting eggs...keep me posted on that buckeye project, may get some eggs at a later time.

Blarney I have been seeing a fox also, for now it is about a mile down the road, hopefully it stays there.. if not...is it edible??

Those looking for straw, always have bales, you need to deal with hubby on those I can pm you his cell #....he is available evenings and weekends.....right now I think he has both wheat straw and barley straw....I use both for bedding, wheat on floor and barley in nesters (it is a little softer).

I also have some extra seed, I kept way to much last year and will not use all of it (I use it to mix my own scratch )...some wheat and some barley.

5. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I am in deep doo doo. Meyer Hatchery has the chicks I want ready to send out TODAY! Okay, they don't have BCM or Welsummers. But they do have Cuckoo Marans, White Rocks, BO, SLW and GLW.
    Please tell me not to do it! I WANNA DO IT!!!![​IMG]

6. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    You did tell me that before, but I accidentally deleted the message. Yep, my Whiskey is a full brother to Gibbs, and 3/4 brother to Mindy (and Gibbs), since Mati is the mother of Gabby, who is the boy's mother. Confused yet?

My Moonie is a 1/2 sister to all of them, since Rowdy is her sire.

7. fisherlady

Let me get out my score card! LOL... hard to keep track of without a family tree in front of you. Rowdy sure has thrown some great pups.
    I will probably be contacting Tish soon about getting a male. We are ready to have another big guy around the house since our fellow passed last summer.

8. fisherlady

Just ask yourself.... is your brooder ready... is your coop ready... are your nerves ready.... and do you want to split it up since they don't have everything now or do you want to try to keep two brooders going at once or deal with introducing chicks of different ages later in the spring?
    They may be cute... and I understand the urge... but... is it practical right now?

When you can answer all of these 'yes'.... then you will know what you need to do!

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    MC... is there anyone here that has those varieties? I know there are a few people working on Wellies and Marans?

10. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Ugh. Out of the move, in all honesty, the most stressful part if the stupid tv company!!! G called yesterday and spent over half an hour on the phone with them. Took about twice as long because they kept trying to sell everything else to him and even transferred him to security systems when he said no thanks to their service. Now they're demanding that we have three tv's there on Tuesday to hook up. Umm, guys, we only have two tv's until we buy the third and we're closing the Friday before. Just put the stuff in and I can hook the tv's up myself... pretty sure I can handle that myself, thanks. Oh, and when he was calling to ask about it, he said he wanted to talk to me before placing any orders, he just had questions first. Nope, not acceptable, they demanded his credit card then. They're lucky HE was on the phone, because I would've told them to shove it andwe'll go with the other company if they can't be bothered to listen to our needs and requests.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by