Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Interested, but weekends are always bad for me. But interested![​IMG]

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

I would've been interested, but it's just too far for me.[​IMG] Sounds like a lot of fun though!

3. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania

Yes!

4. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I've been interested in others, but they're all way too far away as well, so figure maybe I can set one up myself, LOL!

5. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    welcome, come in and enjoy the craziness and some really good people[​IMG]

6. honeyb

honeyb Out Of The Brooder

me too !

7. mrforkie

mrforkie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2013
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    well today is day 25... looks like i am a failure at incubating eggs, id like to think the cat unplugging the incubator for a couple hours may have played a hand in it or the post office but im not going to put the blame on anyone else but myself and my inexperience. i would like to thank SallySunshine (and all the others ) for the help and various link that she supplied me with next time i give incubation a try i wont go in half cocked but i think i will wait to try this incubation thing till i have some of my own eggs to incubate, guess ill be ordering some LIVE chicks on monday, and i dont think i will be trusting the post office to deliver them, i think ill be making a 12 hour round trip drive for my own peace at mind, with that in mind i was thinking of going with a few different breeds:
    barred Plymouth rock, rhode island red, new hampshire red, and easter eggers. can anyone provide feedback on these breeds? i know i could look it up but id rather have fellow pennsylvanians opinion! :)

8. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Oh ok, can I ask for your recipe formula?

9. country chicks

country chicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2013

Yes. Sounds like fun

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Berks here!
    I think you will be able to get most of these breeds nearby! why drive so far? you can always place a wanted add on BYC buy sell trade forum as well! I am sure a few Close PA people can hatch you some if you dont want to try again! HOWEVER you are armed with everything you need to know now, perhaps you will have a great hatch!!! LOCAL eggs are ALWAYS best!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by