Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote: My recipe is a five gallon bucket (or big enough for your flock's food) a glug of ACV with Mother, feed, maybe some cracked corn. And enough warm water to cover it. Stir in the morning and night. Laugh hysterically at the bubbles.
The corn will eventually be fermented. You put more food in daily, and water as needed. No additional ACV is needed. On day one of doing this, it will take about 20-24 hours for the ferment to start. After that it is overnight.

This is Juliet on FF! (fermented feed)

& Juliet after her bath and haircut! If this doesnt work, the silkies will NOT get FF anylonger as I had a terrible time cleaning her up since its at her face and nostrils, I pray I didnt hurt her with all that water at her face! I cut most of her poof off, one plus is that she can finally see as you always had too much poof it covered her entire face. I had to be VERY CAREFUL not to cut her wattles under that mess at her beak too! She loved the meal worms at blow dryer break times!

& Juliet after her bath and haircut! If this doesnt work, the silkies will NOT get FF anylonger as I had a terrible time cleaning her up since its at her face and nostrils, I pray I didnt hurt her with all that water at her face! I cut most of her poof off, one plus is that she can finally see as you always had too much poof it covered her entire face. I had to be VERY CAREFUL not to cut her wattles under that mess at her beak too! She loved the meal worms at blow dryer break times!

thumbsup.gif

well today is day 25... looks like i am a failure at incubating eggs, id like to think the cat unplugging the incubator for a couple hours may have played a hand in it or the post office but im not going to put the blame on anyone else but myself and my inexperience. i would like to thank SallySunshine (and all the others ) for the help and various link that she supplied me with next time i give incubation a try i wont go in half cocked but i think i will wait to try this incubation thing till i have some of my own eggs to incubate, guess ill be ordering some LIVE chicks on monday, and i dont think i will be trusting the post office to deliver them, i think ill be making a 12 hour round trip drive for my own peace at mind, with that in mind i was thinking of going with a few different breeds:
barred Plymouth rock, rhode island red, new hampshire red, and easter eggers. can anyone provide feedback on these breeds? i know i could look it up but id rather have fellow pennsylvanians opinion! :)

If you can hold off or you want to try incubating again, I have 6 EEs due to hatch next weekend. I have 7 of their eggs to sell as well. These are F1 EEs (Delaware x Ameraucana).

This is Juliet on FF! (fermented feed) & Juliet after her bath and haircut! If this doesnt work, the silkies will NOT get FF anylonger as I had a terrible time cleaning her up since its at her face and nostrils, I pray I didnt hurt her with all that water at her face! I cut most of her poof off, one plus is that she can finally see as you always had too much poof it covered her entire face. I had to be VERY CAREFUL not to cut her wattles under that mess at her beak too! She loved the meal worms at blow dryer break times!
Poor baby. She looks so pretty after bath time :)

How long did everything take? I have one bird with this problem. She went wild when I was bathing her, and it was worse when I was trying to cut. Please give me some details!

barbiegirl ~you still think she looks pretty with half a poof??? LOL

MC~ I stuck her in the utility sink and just started cutting, she just stood there stupified! LOL but our birds are very very very friendly. I got a little worried because she did get water in her nose at times, I hope she will be ok, I didnt drown her, but I dont think I will be doing FF for them anymore. it took more time to dry her with the blow dryer than anything.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for silkies. It doesn't take too long to bathe silkies, but drying them is another story. It takes forever to blow dry them. But they look so pretty when they are all clean and puffy. :D

Back
Top Bottom