Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Sally I'm going to the one at Penn State on March 13. The flyer for the Penn State course in State College says you must complete and email/fax application for pre-approval by Friday , March 1, 2013 to Dr. Elizabeth Santini ([email protected], 814-946-7354-fax, 717 -443-1185- phone). This course at Penn State will also be doing lab work.

Wasn't there one coming up on the weekend at some point?

Sally, is this what you are looking for?
oh YAY!!!! you betcha!! can I use the pic please??? YAY!!!
hugs.gif

Here she (??) is.

But see, then she has these almost wheaten feathers in her front

Any guesses on gender?

Thinking, guessing, hoping it's a girl for ya ! The Roos usually have a very pronounced comb by this age.

Nice bird,, congrats !

patrickchick, we have the same problem with marans no matter if we hatch by incubator or broodie. Dry incubation works better than regular. The broodies are crazy mental cases too. Never try to co-hatch with them- they fight over the eggs from day 1.
Still, we persist!

Definitely not the easiest breed to hatch. Have a batch in now, last round went fairly well,, 23 out of 30, and didn't have to help any of them.... YAY !!!

HISchickens....... do you have any current photos of your Marans,,, would love to see what you've got ! Do you have Black Copper only ???

Question for you folks who have been raising Silkies for a while... how big do they get? I understand most I have ever seen are 'banty' size, but I've seen references made to folks having 'standard size'. So are there larger silkies? If so, how big, 5 lb, 7 lb? I would love to have a couple more for broody duty, but would rather have a bit bigger than Gracie, she's only about 2 lbs and is good for maybe 4-6 chicks at a time.

Speaking of big... My Sportsman was delivered today! I just didn't realize how big it was until I had to find a place for it. It took over the spot of my end stand. I ran it for 2hrs and it came up to temp and held great! Now. I need me some eggs to fill it with... Of course, my girls decided it is to cold to lay again.

Question for you folks who have been raising Silkies for a while... how big do they get? I understand most I have ever seen are 'banty' size, but I've seen references made to folks having 'standard size'. So are there larger silkies? If so, how big, 5 lb, 7 lb? I would love to have a couple more for broody duty, but would rather have a bit bigger than Gracie, she's only about 2 lbs and is good for maybe 4-6 chicks at a time.

all silkies are bantams. They are about 3-4 lbs per the SOP.

Speaking of big... My Sportsman was delivered today!  I just didn't realize how big it was until I had to find a place for it.  It took over the spot of my end stand.  I ran it for 2hrs and it came up to temp and held great!  Now.  I need me some eggs to fill it with... Of course, my girls decided it is to cold to lay again.

How many does that hold? My Brinsea advanced only hold 7 which I love but sometimes wish was bigger so we could hatch more! Told myself it is my control since hubby won't say NO ;)

Back
Top Bottom