Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Wasn't there one coming up on the weekend at some point?

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    oh YAY!!!! you betcha!! can I use the pic please??? YAY!!! [​IMG]

3. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Of course you may! If I can get mobile to work, I'll add a couple more.

4. Ray from PA

Ray from PA Chillin' With My Peeps

Thinking, guessing, hoping it's a girl for ya ! The Roos usually have a very pronounced comb by this age.

Nice bird,, congrats !

Definitely not the easiest breed to hatch. Have a batch in now, last round went fairly well,, 23 out of 30, and didn't have to help any of them.... YAY !!!

HISchickens....... do you have any current photos of your Marans,,, would love to see what you've got ! Do you have Black Copper only ???

5. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    had to share one of my calico babies [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Question for you folks who have been raising Silkies for a while... how big do they get? I understand most I have ever seen are 'banty' size, but I've seen references made to folks having 'standard size'. So are there larger silkies? If so, how big, 5 lb, 7 lb? I would love to have a couple more for broody duty, but would rather have a bit bigger than Gracie, she's only about 2 lbs and is good for maybe 4-6 chicks at a time.

8. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Speaking of big... My Sportsman was delivered today! I just didn't realize how big it was until I had to find a place for it. It took over the spot of my end stand. I ran it for 2hrs and it came up to temp and held great! Now. I need me some eggs to fill it with... Of course, my girls decided it is to cold to lay again.

9. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    all silkies are bantams. They are about 3-4 lbs per the SOP.

10. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    How many does that hold? My Brinsea advanced only hold 7 which I love but sometimes wish was bigger so we could hatch more! Told myself it is my control since hubby won't say NO ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by