Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I also got 6 Sumatra hens tonight. 3 black and 3 blue. They are soooooooooooooo sweet!!!! Very stately looking. They will be awesome for the egg flock!!!

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Rose, come on now....really!? A lil wine, a lil Barry Manilow, candle light and a soft cushion .....and you wait [​IMG]
    So Chad's coming this weekend? I missed the smoke signals.
    I did a dry incubation and only added water at the end. I'll try again...Just gonna have to wrestle some more eggs up. [​IMG]
    That is that way because I didn't organize it [​IMG]. The March 7th class in Harrisburg is the 2nd of what I hope to be a continuing trend in education aimed directly at us, the backyard poultry folks. The field portion of the class is not included in the day, but we have Dr. martin speaking at this one and from the last class, I can honestly say I'm going again just to get more information from him and Dr. Hanshaw.

And than there's whiskey. Or "special orange juice"
    Now that sounds tasty too!
    Will you stop making me blush, you were following me again! [​IMG]
    Sweet!! Love the roos, had bad experience with midnight and shadow years ago when I was milking. They would tag team and waffle the hell out of you. I can still remember the blood and bruises. (known for more than 1 spur, typically 3 if I remember correctly)

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I am!
    Yeah the kids just may get bored unless we throw the kids all in a room with chicks and let them have a romper room. hmmmm
    And you shall have one. Want one tomorrow? I have to run to K&K first though. And can drop off a book, the pond shell and windows.
    Do you need a NPIP book?

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

This is where I get lost with these cabinet bators. So, are you incubating AND hatching at the same time? I saw this once on u-tube where they just moved all the trays down each week and hatched in the bottom tray. I was confused as to how lockdown worked with humidity levels and what-not...

Also, Sumatras? WOW!! Very cool!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  5. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
  6. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Welcome back CHAD! Barry Manilow? Bwahahaha!

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Amen to that!!

8. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    What are you incubating to sell at the swap?? I will be there too thinking I might get a table to sell crafts :)

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Who else is planning to attend the swap? I know we are going. The kids are already talking about it!!

10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Absolutely!!!!
    :eek:
    Me3
    That's all that matters, you only had 1!
    You sir, are an enabler!
    Where /When?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by