Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    welcome, come in, stay awhile
  2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Yep. That is just what I was talking about. Cochins are the same way. They are supposed to be very round and full of fluff and hatchery cochins should be called something different.

Hey, I have a few hatchery birds, too in with my layers. No biggie. But even with them, I can tell the difference when I read the SOP. Sure doesn't make me love them any less!
  3. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania

Any breed in particular? I have Pekins (2 jumbo and 2 regular Pekin) and blue Swede mixes (we were told they were blue Swedes, but the girls are solid blue and the drake is half white and half blue). They are all running together. The girls just started laying 2 days ago! Also, how many would you want?

Cami, my blue/white drake looks like a pied blue.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    My Coop
  5. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Can't help ya. I tried!
  6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Sally, your girl is on her way with chad......she needs a foot bath, my place is pretty muddy right now.....I need nice dry hot weather....and maybe a few farmhands also....or just some sleep.....
  7. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa

The Avatar is my old pooch Sam,,,,he was a one in a million....

This is my current pup Dennny

And my current foster Candy...She's obsessed with the chicks....she desperately wants to play with them(and has already)

I think there's a duck hatchery in Lancaster County that has Muscovy ducks (if that fits the bill....)
  8. Blackcrest

Blackcrest Out Of The Brooder

Of course My baby with pasty butt would get a cold from the bath and dipping her head all the way under the water. the only good news is.. her butt is looking better.Now I have to deal with a chicken cold.
  9. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I like hatchery for egg flocks. Can't really beat a white leghorn from a hatchery. I am actually waiting for TSC to bring some leghorns in so I can grab some (my girls are only hatching out super blue for me, lol). So, for egg production, go with hatchery. But if you want looks, go with a good breeder... silkies are an excellent example, even someone who's never looked at a chicken can tell the difference in quality between a good silkie and a hatchery silkie.
  10. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I am pretty sure the Clearfield TSC had Leghorns last year. Apparently you have to keep going. They told me they have different breeds every few days as they restock, and they get what they get. I need to go this week. I will let you know if they have them.
    If that is what you were saying (that you know they will have them) I am sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by