Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hello, northampton co. here. luv this site and my girls..
tongue.png
Hello from Berks!!

Hello I am starting to raise chick outside of Pittsburgh and here is my Chicken brooder with Temperature control. My chicks will be coming the first week of March. I'll have 21 pullets and 4 Roos. The Roos will probably be gone if it is as bad as everyone says. This is my Crazy Rays Brown Eggs blog http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?bl...editor/target=post;postID=3849544830314175627
welcome aboard!
tongue.png
welcome-byc.gif

Hello from Berks!!
Yep me too LOL

Heading over to Wing's Catch ya'll later

Moving is getting closer and closer. Shed and soap room cabinets will be here soon, bator is here and step-dad is going to wire the electronic thermostat, so I just need to get gravel to level the shed, put that together, then get plywood for the flooring and then we can get started on moving birds, beds, tv and dressers. :)

Well Erin was saying the vendor she has is only like $1-$2 higher for non-GMO than for regular food. For me, that is worth it. See, I think that where GMO is concerned, we are not taking it seriously enough. Other countries are starting to label packaging and they are seeing what kind of devastation it is causing. If we let GOM practices continue unchecked, one of these days one corporation is going to control the world food supply. Watch some documentaries about Mansanto if you want to see what I am talking about.

For me, with the hatchery vs. breeder I agree with all the things you said. And having seen first hand what a hatchery silkie or a hatchery cochin look like, I am amazed. Because they look nothing like the "breed" they are supposed to be. GOOD breeders breed to a standard. Like a GOOD dog breeder. Some people spend their entire life trying to improve the breeds. Hatcheries couldn't care less. They raise chicks strictly for profit.

Now, don't get me wrong. Plenty people have hatchery birds. I have a few, too. It all depends on what you are wanting and looking to do.

Just my $0.02.....
Last year before I knew one iota about chickens I was warned about hatchery silkies (and other breeds) vs. breeder quality. Stopped by TSC one day and brought home 6 silkie chicks. They are so completely different in appearance to quality silkies I think they should be named something different all together. I got rid of all but one who I do love, but she's UGLY. So if nothing else i would definitely recommend never buying hatchery silkies.
tongue.png
Hello from South Eastern York County.
frow.gif

When in doubt read the instructions...for others, the paper clip icon in the text editor is disabled....anyway here's the harem

LOL!! Glad you figured out the picture feature. Nice avatar, and SWEEET peeps!!
Anyone Local have DUCK hatching eggs??? I am N Berks
Sally, hopefully this time next year I'll be able to say yes to this. I really hope Call Ducks lay in the first year!
Moving is getting closer and closer. Shed and soap room cabinets will be here soon, bator is here and step-dad is going to wire the electronic thermostat, so I just need to get gravel to level the shed, put that together, then get plywood for the flooring and then we can get started on moving birds, beds, tv and dressers.
smile.png
I don't envy you one bit, Betta. Moving is sooo hard, the last move nearly killed me. BUT, once it's over and all is settled, well, that's the best nights sleep EVER!!

Back
Top Bottom