Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    How old are they? They like to peck at stuff that makes fun noises. Is the heat lamp at the same spot they are trying to climb on each other? If so they are cold, make them warmer! They could suffocate. You have a heat lamp on them, right???? Just don't make them to hot either. It depends on there age day olds are 95-100 degrees, 5 degrees per week after that usually until they are fully feathered

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  2. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    He is 6 months. He looks like a hot mess. His hackle hasn't come in yet, so he looks like the Lochness Monster! Huge fluffy body, he probably weighs 10-11 lbs, with a whimpy long skinny neck!

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Those LF cochin take so long to mature. If there are things about him you like, I would say try to hold on to him a bit.

4. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Morning All!! Nice Avatar Heather.[​IMG]

5. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I am shipping my first eggs today and boy am I a nervous wreck!!! Thankfully they are only going to NY.

6. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]Wow, that was quick!! Good Shipping Luck! [​IMG]

7. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Lol! They are for a swap. Trying to get some eggs for the Hatch-A-Long!!

Thanks for the luck.

8. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    does anyone know why i'm not getting my subscribtions, not a one from any that i'm subscribed too.[​IMG] this happened once before and then when i asked on here, they came back, now its doing it again, i've tried un-subscribing and then re-subscribeing but still nothinh

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Heather is it possible that he's going through a molt? If you're planning on showing other birds at Delmarva, I would take him and have him assessed there. The entrance fee is minimal and if you're going through the trouble of testing them anyway...

Ok, just read your other post. If he's 6 months and already 10 pounds (WOW!), hackle feathers haven't grown in yet… sounds like maybe not done feathering out all the way. If he's got a great personality, give him a chance. Delmarva is only 4 weeks away.

Oh, and I hope you're sleeping!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Awwww!! Gotta love the chipmunk colored chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by