Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Do you still have one left?

2. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I went to the exotic animal auction today at Lebanon Valley Livestock Auction. I was just going to look. So I came home with some Silver Laced Wyandotte chicks. I hope I can get one nice hen out of the 18 I purchased :)

3. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Look up GoldenPuppy, she lives near you and I know she does processing.

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Oh yeah, been there. Tonight my son decided to free range the leghorns, but not get them back in. Guess who was on top of the metal roof of the run in the lightening storm and downpour grabbing chickens and fearing for her life? Here's a hint > not my son.

Rodriguezpoultry: I was so sure you were going to sneak one of these leghorns out of the poultry tech class... I thought they were going to have to frisk you for chickens on the way out.

Wyncotte: We had SUCH a great time at the Green Dragon auction, I didn't think the kids were going to leave. I think I saw you and your brother, what a well run place you've got.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

LOL, BF said he'd be enjoying fried chicken if they were stupid enough to be on a metal run in a lightning storm!

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    I'm reading about Langshans, how dark is their egg? Would you compare it to a Marans egg?

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Nope! Somewhere along the way of breeding, the Langshans lost the dark egg. Some produce the "plum" colored egg that everybody searches for, but very few have that color. Most come in a relatively dark brown and vary to a light cream.

9. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    ok, really? snow??? Our coop should be done today and I was so looking froward to getting them out there. Now I am a nervous Nelly about it!

10. charmedbychickens

charmedbychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Ohio
    My husband just ran into someone from our area yesterday that quit his full time job to raise rabbits for that sale. Amazing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by