Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

2. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank Ya Ma'am, and may I belatedly say Congrats on the April Fools Wedding! I think it's an awesome idea, bet your family won't see that one coming...[​IMG]

3. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Love it! And love the new avy.

4. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    Anyone know if guineas are laying when you observe breeding, sorta like chickens? Do we need to hunt for eggs?
    Just set eggs today in the monster incubator. It's back to 99 already. We have blankets on it to maintain heat in this lovely warm weather:( Palm Sunday hatch, but I never count chickens. Heck , seldom candle before Day 18.

5. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I just wanted to mention that this Sportsman has gotten me in trouble. I set every egg I had last week - even the 2 week old ones. Not many developed out of the original 25-ish eggs - I have 8 left. I bought bantam Ameraucana eggs and set them on Wednesday. There are 22 jumping little embryos out of 30 shipped eggs. I just set 32 chicken eggs and 7 duck eggs tonight. I am going to be LOADED with chicks in less than a month! I have a dozen bantam Orp eggs coming and Tolbunt Polish!

What has this Sportsman turned me into?!

I also went and bought 6 new bantam chocolate Orps today! WHOOT!

@Mama2my4 - My friend and I are still planning the trip to see you (and get bantam Orp eggs) on Sunday, March 10th.

6. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    Oh, thank god... you're still alive!! [​IMG]

7. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    What now you say... Finally my girls are laying and I find one of my eggs Earen!!! Oh no! I hear that once they get a taste that's bad! How can I get them to stop that!!!HELP

EDIT:
    Stupid Auto Correct

Earen = EATEN!!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  8. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Heh! I did the same last week. 4 dozen total of either marans or ameraucas, with 4 more that I'll set tonight.

Wingstone and all, I have a recipe for that yummy apple 'stuff'. I'll post it tonight.

9. Blackcrest

Blackcrest Out Of The Brooder

What's Earen?

10. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

I think eaten

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by