Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

You're not that far from Knisely's in Carlisle. They have no limit and they are supposed to be getting chicks today. Buff Orps, EEs, & Red Sex Links.
    http://kniselys.com/

2. kandersn3

kandersn3 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2013
    Waynesboro, PA
    Thank u . might have to go down once this snow stops. :)

3. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    So I am thinking that my once bird is actually a Black Cochin Roo... he is starting to get Saddle feathers... If you would like to add one more to this bunch? I can send you a picture? I would like to find him a home....

Also Saw this on CL this morning if anyone is looking for a coop
    http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/grd/3653483531.html

4. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Sure, you can send me a pic! Not saying I want another rooster for sure, but maybe. I really do need a couple of really nice girls, though. ;)

5. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Rose, please post a pic, and of the saddle feathers too. I really think that chicken is a pullet. I have a couple hens who look like they have saddlish feathers, and they lay eggs, LOL! I agree on the Cochin part. Just don't want you to part with a perfectly good pullet.

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

X2!

7. mrforkie

mrforkie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2013
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    finally got my chicks in the mail today! i got RIR NHR plymouth rock and EEs only problem is i cant tell which ones are which. there is also one peeping really loudly at times as ive never owned chicks before i cant seem to figure out whats wrong ive shown him the food and water and showed him the warm and cool section of the brooder, anyone have any suggestions im pretty open

8. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    I will take a new picture tonight post a picture tonight on FB, and 1st thing tomorrow morning.. I can't get this site to load pictures from my phone for some reason.. I mean I have 4 more coming! HA!!! So not too worried about it, even though he/she is beautiful! Plus everyone here seems to have A LOT of chicks that I am sure I could pick up as replacements!! HEHEH

9. mrsmc604

mrsmc604 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2013
    Ebensburg, PA
    Thanks! I'm thrilled beyond belief... now if I can get hubby to get excited (at all!) about them, I'll be happier!! Not quite sure when the chicks are coming in (we have the order in, just need to hear back about when they'll be hatched) but I'm hoping by Easter. They'll be in Pittsbugh for a bit then after their trip in from Ohio, we'll have them introduced to their new living quarters in the country. [​IMG]

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I had to buy 6 yesterday. I am in Grantville, 17028. If you want to you can get the Jersey giant chick. $2, I could meet you at my exit on 81, #77. Let me know if you are interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by