Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey everyone. Is anyone close to south central pa. Im about 30 min from gettysburg, 30 minutes from hagerstown. I live in Waynesboro, PA. Desperately need to find a little peep for my day old loner. TSC has a limit of 6. :(  I know its snowing like crazy but all i can think about is how lonely he is. anyone by a micrale live close to me?

You're not that far from Knisely's in Carlisle. They have no limit and they are supposed to be getting chicks today. Buff Orps, EEs, & Red Sex Links.
http://kniselys.com/

Heheheee!

Sunday I made a trip to Troy for a little present to myself...

SQUEE! Six bantam Chocolate Orps!

And today, my 'adopted brother/helper' helped me set up three of my pens I bought off Craigslist last month!

From top to bottom:
Chocolate bantam Orps, Mille Fleur bantam Cochins, Black/Blue bantam Cochin pair and more Mille Fleur bantam Cochins!
So I am thinking that my once bird is actually a Black Cochin Roo... he is starting to get Saddle feathers... If you would like to add one more to this bunch? I can send you a picture? I would like to find him a home....

Also Saw this on CL this morning if anyone is looking for a coop
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/grd/3653483531.html

So I am thinking that my once bird is actually a Black Cochin Roo... he is starting to get Saddle feathers... If you would like to add one more to this bunch? I can send you a picture? I would like to find him a home....

Sure, you can send me a pic! Not saying I want another rooster for sure, but maybe. I really do need a couple of really nice girls, though. ;)

Rose, please post a pic, and of the saddle feathers too. I really think that chicken is a pullet. I have a couple hens who look like they have saddlish feathers, and they lay eggs, LOL! I agree on the Cochin part. Just don't want you to part with a perfectly good pullet.

finally got my chicks in the mail today! i got RIR NHR plymouth rock and EEs only problem is i cant tell which ones are which. there is also one peeping really loudly at times as ive never owned chicks before i cant seem to figure out whats wrong ive shown him the food and water and showed him the warm and cool section of the brooder, anyone have any suggestions im pretty open

Sure, you can send me a pic! Not saying I want another rooster for sure, but maybe. I really do need a couple of really nice girls, though. ;)

Rose, please post a pic, and of the saddle feathers too. I really think that chicken is a pullet. I have a couple hens who look like they have saddlish feathers, and they lay eggs, LOL! I agree on the Cochin part. Just don't want you to part with a perfectly good pullet.
I will take a new picture tonight post a picture tonight on FB, and 1st thing tomorrow morning.. I can't get this site to load pictures from my phone for some reason.. I mean I have 4 more coming! HA!!! So not too worried about it, even though he/she is beautiful! Plus everyone here seems to have A LOT of chicks that I am sure I could pick up as replacements!! HEHEH

Welcome! Gotta love Marans! Inquisitive, sweet, broody, great colored eggs, oh...and they're tasty too!

Thanks! I'm thrilled beyond belief... now if I can get hubby to get excited (at all!) about them, I'll be happier!! Not quite sure when the chicks are coming in (we have the order in, just need to hear back about when they'll be hatched) but I'm hoping by Easter. They'll be in Pittsbugh for a bit then after their trip in from Ohio, we'll have them introduced to their new living quarters in the country.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom