Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Have fun, and drink as much as you can before coming back to reality..[​IMG]

2. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Where would this be at? I would like to take it, but would have to be an all day trip, class.... meet folks, collect homeless chickens found along the way....
    Welcome!!! Pull up a notebook and enjoy the ride! Great group here who can help with about anything or send you the right direction for answers.
    Sounds like an average day around here too! [​IMG]
    Have a great time!!! Enjoy and glad you are able to get away from the mud for a while!
    If it doesn't include mud or snow it's got to be an improvement!

3. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Hey guys! I have a question for all the duck peeps on here. Basically, ducks are sloppy and they're inside my wife's office right now. What I do is keep them under the lamp in a nice size plastic bin. However, I thought I would let them eat and drink outside the bin while supervised to cut down in the slop inside the bin. It's cut down on the slop inside the bin but they muck up crazy when left out (on newspaper and water on plastic top away from food). What is the easiest/cleanest way to keep these suckers?????
    My wife is "at wits end!" Hellllllllllpppp!!!!!

4. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

I'm not a duck person... but I did see a set up someone used that looked like it might work for you... they used a kiddie pool as an enclosed play area. Looked like one of those $10 KMart blue ones that are about a foot high or so on the side. Keeps the mess contained but lets them run around. Might help you out.

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    wish I could help, I was so glad when mine went outside and i only got 2,,,wait....even outside they manage to make a mess of things.....good thing they are so cute..

6. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    i need some nice heritage barred rocks

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Can someone give me an update from the past 3 days please?

8. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes Ma'am! We've talked about where Sally went, LOL! Glad you're back![​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  9. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    I moved my 8 "teenage" 3 week old chicks into an XL dog crate today. Currently, there isn't a heat lamp on it b/c the temp in the cage is 80+ without it (the bathroom is extra warm b/c of the other brooder in there with the tiny 1 week olds). Is that ok?

[​IMG]

10. chickencowranch

chickencowranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Mt Wolf, Pa
    My Coop
    Quote:Hello Joan from Mt. Wolf.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by