Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I'm happy to guess gender, PM or here. I think people like to see the pics. I like posting on here. More opinions and a good learning tool.

Ever go to Iron Horse Farm -they are fairly new (3 years?) and host events for kids and ponies. Very close to my place. Beautiful Ring. We don't ride, so I'm not familiar with the lingo, but the kids ride their horses around obstacles grabbing rings n such. Looks like a lot of fun,, but I guess it's a competition too as there are ribbons and prizes.

Chiques, I hear ya on the mud, that rain is cold and has a bite. Soaked me through to the skin today. The goats are not happy.

Rosie, hope you make out on Saturday. I have 3 full coops, 3 full brooders and 2 incubators running. I would only take on more chickens if I was helping Wing to hang onto some genetics that she loved, so I'm glad their coming to you.

2. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

FWIW. I gave an immigrant co-worker one of my roosters this weekend to see if he liked it. It was about 7 or 8 months old. He said it dressed at around 3.5 lbs. (Swedish flower hen). He loved it! He is planning to talk to a few of his friends who may be interested in buying some. If they are, I only have a few to get rid of, but if anyone else is looking for someone to take extra off their hands, I can try to make connections.
    I have no idea what to charge, however.
    Best part is they prefer them live, like the markets in their homeland.

3. chiques chicks

If anyone is interested,I have a lavender orp rooster who to go! Free for the taking. Has never attacked, just extremely noisy. I have no problem taking him to Camp Kenmore, just thought someone might have a use for him as a breeder.

4. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    For the Lancaster folks:

Was looking for an 'old school butcher' to find some really good hams and bacon....any suggestions?

TIA!!!

5. chiques chicks

Groffs in Elizabethtown is pretty decent. I'm told Hummers in Mount Joy is good as well, but I've never been there. There used to be several in the country in that area of the county, don't know if there still are.

And the obligatory chick pic. Hatched these last week. One died after several days, but still have five.
    [​IMG]

6. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Was there last Friday and will be making this May 11th event a priority!

7. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Checking with a friend on this. She has a flock of lav orps and needs a new blood infusion.

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Baym post them here, I dont know anything about wellies but I can research too... are they the eyeliner birds????

10. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Iron Horse Farm - never been. Are they doing the rings on english or western saddles?

Here are my 4 welsummer chicks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (I fixed this chick's feet, except for the right foot, right toe, which sticks up). Thanks for all the help on that fix everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by