Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Blarney, can I impose my 4 welsummer cameos on you and get your opinion on gender? I can PM them to spare others from the picture post.

I'm happy to guess gender, PM or here. I think people like to see the pics. I like posting on here. More opinions and a good learning tool.

Ever go to Iron Horse Farm -they are fairly new (3 years?) and host events for kids and ponies. Very close to my place. Beautiful Ring. We don't ride, so I'm not familiar with the lingo, but the kids ride their horses around obstacles grabbing rings n such. Looks like a lot of fun,, but I guess it's a competition too as there are ribbons and prizes.

Chiques, I hear ya on the mud, that rain is cold and has a bite. Soaked me through to the skin today. The goats are not happy.

Rosie, hope you make out on Saturday. I have 3 full coops, 3 full brooders and 2 incubators running. I would only take on more chickens if I was helping Wing to hang onto some genetics that she loved, so I'm glad their coming to you.

FWIW. I gave an immigrant co-worker one of my roosters this weekend to see if he liked it. It was about 7 or 8 months old. He said it dressed at around 3.5 lbs. (Swedish flower hen). He loved it! He is planning to talk to a few of his friends who may be interested in buying some. If they are, I only have a few to get rid of, but if anyone else is looking for someone to take extra off their hands, I can try to make connections.
I have no idea what to charge, however.
Best part is they prefer them live, like the markets in their homeland.

Groffs in Elizabethtown is pretty decent. I'm told Hummers in Mount Joy is good as well, but I've never been there. There used to be several in the country in that area of the county, don't know if there still are.

And the obligatory chick pic. Hatched these last week. One died after several days, but still have five.

Hello All, Just an FYI... There will be a Spring Poultry, Bird & Small Animal Sale on Saturday May 11th in Ephrata, PA starting at 10:00am. The location is at the Green Dragon Small Animal Auction on the grounds of the Green Dragon Farmer's Market in scenic Lancaster County, PA (the market has a website http://www.greendragonmarket.com/) . The market is only open on Fridays, but this particular auction will be on Saturday and food will be available. The address is 955 North State Street Ephrata, PA 17522. At the auction you can expect to find all breeds of poultry, pigeons, cage birds (parrots, lovebirds, finches, etc), rabbits, peafowl, guineafowl, ornamental pheasants, chicks, cages, wire, etc. Consignments are welcome and receiving of animals for the sale will start at 6:00am on Saturday morning. *Please keep in mind that the state of PA requires the out-of-state poultry for sale must have been tested negative for Avian Influenza. So please have this documentation available if applicible* ** Also, any cages/carriers used to sell animals MUST go with the animals when sold** For more details, feel free to email Keith at [email protected] or call at 610-763-9804. A flyer for the auction can also be emailed to anyone who is interested. So mark your calendars for Saturday May 11th 2012!!!! Note: We also have our weekly Friday auction that starts at 6:30pm for anyone unable to attend the special Saturday sale. ReplyQuote Multihttps://www.backyardchickens.com/t/248345/pennsylvania-unite/1400# https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/posts/add/threadId/248345/editorType/basic
Was there last Friday and will be making this May 11th event a priority!

I'm happy to guess gender, PM or here. I think people like to see the pics. I like posting on here. More opinions and a good learning tool.

Ever go to Iron Horse Farm -they are fairly new (3 years?) and host events for kids and ponies. Very close to my place. Beautiful Ring. We don't ride, so I'm not familiar with the lingo, but the kids ride their horses around obstacles grabbing rings n such. Looks like a lot of fun,, but I guess it's a competition too as there are ribbons and prizes.
Iron Horse Farm - never been. Are they doing the rings on english or western saddles?

Here are my 4 welsummer chicks

(I fixed this chick's feet, except for the right foot, right toe, which sticks up). Thanks for all the help on that fix everyone!

Back
Top Bottom