Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Welcome from Gardners

2. Erin B

Erin B Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2012
    Upstate SC
    Welcome from Dillsburg! Glad to have you. :)

3. rotten97

rotten97 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2012
    York Pa
    Hey,
    For free sure , but really i want a local source for guinea's , do you know of any ?

4. wyandotte86

wyandotte86 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2010
    Berks Co., PA
    Rotten97....

If you are able to make it....I will have several pairs of Guineas at the Green Dragon Special Sale next Saturday (May 12th). I'm taking Royal Purple Pied, Coral Blue/Lavender Pied, Slates, and a single White male. All of them are birds I hatched last year.

5. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to all the new PA folks.

Do any of you want any runner ducks? I'm a candidate for the Incubators Anonymous award with these. I sold my runners a couple weeks ago, cause I just didn't enjoy them, but for reasons that made sense at the time, I set all their eggs first. As of last night, 4 had hatched, with another dozen or so that may be out by now. Why, why, why?

Oh, and I though my meat turkeys were coming next week. They're heeeee-re! Gaah!

6. How much are the baby ducks? Are you selling the turkeys too? Definitely interested in the turkeys..

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Beaglady: yer cracking me up.

Missy: I haven't even shot the dang thing yet. DH left me home at sunset last night, so I brought it outside with me, with NO idea how to shoot it, AND the lock on. Seriously, I don't know what I was thinking. It did make me feel better, but the fox or coyote would have to have gotten within swinging distance for me to have done any damage. The good news is, I did manage to put the chicken wire down all the way around the new run, and the framing is almost complete.

Cynazar: Did you find any Wyndottes? They have the most incredible lacing.

8. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Oh my goodness! Hope you scared it away for good! Can't have it chasing your dog, not to mention the chickens!!!

9. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in Southern York County. Do any of you know a local place to get lavender orpingtons? Or does anyone know if there will be any at the auction? One more thing, for those of you who have already been, what are typical going prices for these chickens at the auctions as sold? I want to be prepared.

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    There is a lady the sells Lavender Orps in York, her name on byc is lavenderorpgirl. I know she sells eggs, I am sure she would probably have chicks too! Good Luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by