Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Holy **** they got big didnt they!! OMG!! I thought they were grey and white? how cute... are they nice? I hate harmonys but dont tell her that!

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    [​IMG]

CJ before I did the deed

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    They really aren't bad. Yeah they grew really fast.

4. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Very well said! If you go read through that poster's profile and other posts it seems that they are probably a teenager? No excuse for what they said and I'm glad they got the [​IMG]they deserved!
    Yep, it's everyone else!!! Totally agree! [​IMG]
    Ditto! Boy am I glad we built our coop up on pillars!
    Many places build them differently, there is a pallet 'factory' in the town I work in, and you can see 3 or 4 varieties stacked by the hundreds most days. It makes sense that the 'shingle' ones you get are better, regular asphalt roofing shingles weigh about 90 lbs a bundle, and they often stack 30 or so on a pallet, so huge amount of weight there.

Other places I have seen or gotten pallets.... local dialysis clinic (much of their medical supply are brought in on pallets), grocery stores, flooring stores (heavy duty ones used for bulk tile) and local contractors who do flooring installation may also have them. I have never checked at our local hospitals or schools but if you know anyone who works maintenance at them I would ask because I imagine they also get them.
    Lots of places that get stuff delivered on pallets have to dispose of them pretty quickly because they don't have storage room for them, so they may be burned or otherwise destroyed within a day of the delivery, so you may have to agree to pick them up on certain days to get them.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  5. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    I think girls. English or Western? I wouldn't know the difference, seriously horse inept over here. I usually just go chat up the neighbors and grab a cheeseburger. Here is info on an upcoming event: http://www.mountedgames.org/events/view/163

6. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    I will line them up for a top of the head photo tonight. What are the odds of hatching 4 pullets from 4 eggs?

Glad the one with fixed feet is a pullet ... I would hate the thought of fixing feet only to be walked off to the slaughter!

7. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Easiest way to tell is if the saddle has a horn. Definitely english. Looks neat, I will have to take my daughter out to an event.

8. tweber

tweber Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2013
    Lehigh county

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Welcome! What kind of poultry do you have?

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Berks! hello!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by