Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Lehigh county
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif

. English or Western? I wouldn't know the difference, seriously horse inept over here. I usually just go chat up the neighbors and grab a cheeseburger.

Here is info on an upcoming event:

http://www.mountedgames.org/events/view/163
Western.... Think 'Lone Ranger' and 'Bonanza', saddles are larger, have a horn in the front and a rise at the back of the seat to allow a rider to 'sit down into' the seat, riders legs are usually hanging down a bit straighter and the rider seems to sit tighter on the horse through many of the gaits, though there is still lifting of their seat on trot. Also the stirrups themselves tend to be bigger and bulkier with wide leather between the riders leg and the horses side and often the stirrups have a wide leather or wood base. A western saddle is designed for utility and full day use, horn is for tying off rope, seat back to allow rider to rest and change posture to ease sore muscles and provide a brace area for your butt during times of rapid direction changes, stirrup leathers are to protect riders legs from sweaty horse side on long days and wide stirrups to provide solid grip area for muddy boots when doing pasture work.

English.... Think of the pics of fox hunts and jumping competitions and even racing (extreme example of English saddle style) English saddles are much less extreme in the depth of the seat and they may have an upward slope in the front but not a horn. The riders legs tend to have more bend at the knee because the rider stands up more noticeably in the stirrups at a trot or canter/lope or gallop. Stirrups are often simple metal and much less bulky than their western counterparts. English saddles are much, much lighter overall than Western and often appear to be more of a well padded leather cushion for the horses back.

Sorry for such a long post... probably a lot more than you were looking for... I need to learn to tell my fingers to shut up! LOL
duc.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

I stock my pond from Kurtz Fish Hatchery, which is in Elverson. I will have to check it out. My dad's mother's side of the family were PA Dutch and German descent. Wow, could they cook!

One step at a time! One small baby step. I would love nigerian dwarf goats.

You guys are talking about my neck of the woods! My daughters love Shaddy maple!!

Heading to green dragon this Friday! Need to get rid of my roo who has decided to go nasty! Can't have that around my girls! Kindda sad to say bye to my Aladdin! But gonna get a new roo!!

I will line them up for a top of the head photo tonight. What are the odds of hatching 4 pullets from 4 eggs?
Congrats! We had 4 Barred Rock eggs and 4 Black Australorp eggs hatched out by our broody in January.

Barred Rocks- 3 roos, 1 pullet

BAs- 3 pullet, 1 Roo

I think when it comes to eggs your only sure thing is that whatever you want to hatch it will probably end up the opposite!! LOL

Though honestly, I didn't worry to much about it, we are luck enough to be somewhere that it is OK to grow out the roos until they are the right size for freezer camp, and we both really like chicken and dumplings!

You guys are talking about my neck of the woods! My daughters love Shaddy maple!!

Heading to green dragon this Friday! Need to get rid of my roo who has decided to go nasty! Can't have that around my girls! Kindda sad to say bye to my Aladdin! But gonna get a new roo!!
Your daughters are not the only ones that LOVE Shady Maple! I absolutely adore that place......a very good place to be a glutton for a lil while....Mmmmm.....thinking about their breakfast

Shady maple.....A place where they have gastric bypass pricing LMAO

Gastric Bypass Surgery Policy
  • Year #1 – 50% off base price.
  • Year #2 – 10% off base price.
  • Year #3 – 0% off base price.
  • Incomplete Documentation – 0% off base price.
    To receive the reduced price you must provide the following documentation!
  1. Photo ID
  2. Gastric Bypass Card with Patient Name and Date Of Original Surgery.
  3. Proof of Surgery via a Doctors Signature or other Documentation.
  • NOTE: This policy is intended as a short-term price adjustment to accomodate a person whose intake is limited due to gastric bypass surgery.

Back
Top Bottom