Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I'm still alive. The bator is frustrating for sure! I just feel rather "blah" about everything right now and not finding a whole heck of a lot of enjoyment on the forums, especially since I have now found my printer, but the power cord is amongst the missing, so I have some shipments that are overdue! Plus, we've put ourselves on budget, trying to save as much as possible, and with spring coming up and NO plans for a garden or fruit trees?! Ugh. So, this month has been a little stinky... Spraining my bad ankle again, frying my bator, the stress of moving, etc, etc. I just feel like I need a break from life for a little while, lol.

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

You just need to come over for a few beers!

3. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

I think their breakfast is the best meal there! The other stuff is good too but I love breakfast foods!! Yumm yumm!

4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

6. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Hi everyone! Sorry i haven't been on hear lately. Lambing season is busy and the twin bottle babies have been keeping me VERY busy. :) SO.... I have 8 chicks as of now in the brooder... with 15 more coming this weekend AND... 10 MORE coming mid april... Yes, I am crazy, or atleast that's what my boyfriend thinks. [​IMG]lol they are not ALL for me. 8 are for my mom, and a lot of these are straight run chicks so i am sure some will be roosters.
    Here is my "flock" :
    now:
    2- copper maran
    2 - EE's
    2- buff orps
    this weekend:
    4 Olive eggers
    1 speckled sussex
    1 barred rock
    1 austrolorp
    1 silver laced wy
    1 gold laced wy
    April:
    2 BLR Wyandottes
    2 silkies
    2 swedish flower
    2 polish
    2 light brahmas

So... My question to you all (and I apologize now for the long post) What ages of chicks can be kept together? At what age do you move them out of the brooder or take the light off?
    and how soon can i combine them all? the ones i have now are about 5 days old.
    I REALLY don't want 4 different brooders going. I will be kicked out to go live in the barn for sure. LOL

Next question... WHat do i do with the extra roo's? Sell them? Keep them till they are big enough to butcher? (my worry is them all fighting)

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I did check in on you and saw you were in the swap thread LOL I figured you were beat

8. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    this is how my bones feel today....must be the rain...couldn't possibly be age.

[​IMG]

9. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    Awesome. I'll try to post tonight or tomorrow.

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    awesome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by