Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hmm. Did anything get changed for the critters? It makes me wonder because of the younger one dying too. If it were a toxin or something like that, the little one would go first, then the old gp, then the youngest gp, since it'd be healthier. I'd check everybody else to make sure nobody else is off.
Nothing changed for anyone, in fact they were in separate cages... We lost the daddy to the younger one that died about a year ago, they just sometimes get a weird respiratory thing, and like birds by the time you notice the problem it's usually too late! I'm just frustrated to lose so many in such a short time frame. Everyone else appears to be ok, piggies and chickens
fl.gif
but I'll be watching closely! My younger piggie was 3 so he certainly wasn't a baby.... The older one that died was around 6 yrs, not sure exactly because she was given to me as an adult. We had her for 4 yrs though.

Well, I didn't think I could ever kill anything, but after this morning..... Took my 3 yr. old DD with me to feed and collect eggs. The pen with my evil roo, I always feed and water in the run BEFORE opening the coop to run door. Went to change water, turn around DD is in the run, and had opened the door, chickens running down the ramp, I'm running for DD screaming "GET OUT!!!" got to her just in time to drag her out by the coat collar, as P.O.S. roo took a flying leap at her. He got me instead. He's going to a new home on Sunday, but let me tell you, I'm ready to kill him with my bare hands and eat him just for spite.
somad.gif

Nothing changed for anyone, in fact they were in separate cages... We lost the daddy to the younger one that died about a year ago, they just sometimes get a weird respiratory thing, and like birds by the time you notice the problem it's usually too late! I'm just frustrated to lose so many in such a short time frame. Everyone else appears to be ok, piggies and chickens :fl  but I'll be watching closely! My younger piggie was 3 so he certainly wasn't a baby.... The older one that died was around 6 yrs, not sure exactly because she was given to me as an adult. We had her for 4 yrs though. 

I've had rats, hamsters, rabbits, mice and gerbils, but our first gp experience was like two weeks ago. We lost one and we're still not entirely sure how. Woke up and it was dead, after having it for less than 24 hours. Hopefully your losses are done!

Well, I didn't think I could ever kill anything, but after this morning..... Took my 3 yr. old DD with me to feed and collect eggs. The pen with my evil roo, I always feed and water in the run BEFORE opening the coop to run door. Went to change water, turn around DD is in the run, and had opened the door, chickens running down the ramp, I'm running for DD screaming "GET OUT!!!" got to her just in time to drag her out by the coat collar, as P.O.S. roo took a flying leap at her. He got me instead. He's going to a new home on Sunday, but let me tell you, I'm ready to kill him with my bare hands and eat him just for spite.
somad.gif
LOL you sound like Harmony, she only has one frizzle serama roo and he is mean as you know what to the others and she said she is going to ring his neck and feed him to the dogs! she gets really upset and crys because he grabs everyone with his beak and yanks them around! even the larger cochin I have from heather! they are 5x his size!

Killing them isn't that bad. Except the plucking bit. Just do it quickly and efficiently. Raise them well and they'll have a great life. I find turkeys hard to do though. Also, don't watch the throes of death or you might make yourself sick. If I watch that, I get lightheaded and won't eat chicken for a few months! All in all, I am going to eat chicken and feed my family chicken, so I'd rather raise them myself and give them a real life before eating them.

Cute indeed! And I think your ducks and geese are cute, so don't say this is the only cute thing!
GAH!!! Everyone is making me jealous with duck eggs...my stupid ducks refuse to lay!
Will have to remember this, as Fiancee wants Dominiques. He wanted buff orps cause they're supposed to be large....and mine of course are mini-sized.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't take credit for actually hatching any of my ducks & geese! : )

How old are your ducks? Are you sure they aren't males?? Hehe.

Let me know if you want Dale Zimmerman's info. It's funny how guys are drawn to them. I hatched them for my friend's hubby. And my DH liked them when we saw them @ Schaefferstown festival.

I am so disgusted right now, bear with me while I vent..... It started weekend before last our little geriatric dwarf hamster died, then Monday this week our equally geriatric guinea pig dies, followed by a younger guinea pig the very next day!!! I figure "they come in 3's, right?!?" Good, we're done - 2 weren't a surprise.... So then my one EE has been acting funny, couldn't figure her out. Brought her in yesterday in a cage, suspected vent gleet. Couldn't get her to eat/drink. I tried everything Sally said to do but I was too late!!! She was sleeping this am while the kids were getting ready for school - still breathing. I just went back to check on her again and she's gone!!!! It's times like this that I wish I had NO animals!!! I love them all so much, but to lose 4 in appx 10 days???? I think I need some of Chad's special orange juice.....

hit.gif
barnie.gif
hit.gif
hugs.gif
hope things get better

Back
Top Bottom