Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Heather, I am worried about this also. We have a large cage that I built, it has 2 levels. I had the " family" of piggies on the top and the 2 older females that were given to me on the bottom level. Now that Peanut is all alone I decided to section off the top level and move her up with the others, they can see each other and get nose to nose, but can't get into the other side. I'm hoping it does her some good to see the other three, I may even take the divider out eventually if they can get along, but we will have to wait and see what happens. I had tried to mix them a year or so ago and all they did was fight, so I figured this way they can see and smell each other for now, we'll see what happens.... She's at least 6 years old so I imagine her time left is short, but I don't want her to be lonely.

2. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    me for one, HAD to quit two years ago, i did it cold turkey cause i had a heart attack, the acute craving does go away but when you smell one someone else is smoking, you would kill to join them, not from craving but from remembering how it was, luck to you[​IMG]

3. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    YES! YES! YES! and I'll be in Carlisle on Saturday, at Dickinson. Shoot me a pm.

4. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Cute chicks!!! Which feed store?

5. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

6. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I got them at the West York Agway. They order from Mt. Healthy. I waited for the mailman to deliver them today and got first pick. They got 200 chicks this morning and all arrived alive and looking good.

I have a list of what chicks they are getting in through the end of April if you are interested.

I told them I was interested in GLW and Speckled Sussex which were not on their list and they called and ordered some for April 25th while I was there! They also reserved some of them for me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  7. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

My mom quit 3...or is it 4 years ago now, after having double knee replacements. She is HIGHLY involved in the VFW. She says she CONSTANTLY wants a cigarette because of being around them. I have to give her credit though, as many times as she's tried to quit my whole life (a certain young lady at the age of 7 or so broke every cigarette in the pack in 1/2 and then put them back...just trying to be helpful!) she's actually stayed quit this time!

8. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Thanks guys,,,I really hadn't thought about quitting, It just slowly happened.....changed shifts and really do not care to hang out with those I work with now, so I do not bother smoking at work....got to the point that I can go 10 to 12 hours at work and not give it a second thought, so my mind says why not just quit.....I am more of a boredom smoker though,,,hands need something to do...[​IMG] and at the price, think about all the chicken feed that would buy..told my adult daughter who smokes and lives with me that I am not buying anymore......
    Sally. how about quitting at 50, damnnn.can't believe I said that...

9. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Don't tempt me!

10. Birdfeathers123

Birdfeathers123 Out Of The Brooder

Central PA folks - if anyone is interested in 2 mallard ducks (1 month old - I think 1 male and 1 female, based on voice sexing), please let me know. I posted a thread on "animals in need of free re-homing". I currently have 4 and am willing to keep all, but would prefer just 2. Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by