Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Ok, so what is it about the silkies and polish you like? The poof? The flashiness? The temperament? That might help you narrow it down? My silkies are pretty good layers, as long as I can keep them from being broody.... I get about an egg a day per bird and their eggs are a little larger than a typical bantam egg.

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky

Where are you at? G doesn't like ducks pooping everywhere, but there's something about them that I like, lol.

3. Birdfeathers123

Birdfeathers123 Out Of The Brooder

I'm located just west of the state college area. I agree- very messy, but so personable! We have them in large cage layered with plastic, so it makes it really easy to clean every day.

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

[​IMG]

5. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Well then! April has a rabbit cage, so I could use that for quarantine for now. When would work for pick up? I'm tickled to death that you're so close and have ducks, LOL!

6. Birdfeathers123

Birdfeathers123 Out Of The Brooder

Would you rather pick them up or me drop them off? I am busy tomorrow and Saturday, but free all day Sunday. Let me know :)

7. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Drop off would be awesome, if you're alright with that! You'd get a chance to see how they'd be treated here, which might put your mind at ease as to where they're going, lol.

8. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Can u share the list please? I have some polish and light brahmas on reserve with them. Didn't get a list though. Thanks!!! That's where most of mine came from. I am happy with mine. :)

9. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    If anyone wants some half gallon plastic milk jugs, let me know. We go through about six of them per week, and while I'm using the sin out of them now, I'll soon have way more than necessary. I like them for waterers (using nipples) and carrying water, but I'm sure there are a lot more uses for them.

10. 1stACT

1stACT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Skippack, Pennsylvania
    Montgomery County (Eastern side of PA)
    Just discovered my fellow PA'ers. [​IMG]
    My backyard flock consists of 4 buff brahma's and 3 blue splash marans (all hens which just turned 1 yr old). However, I hope to be increasing the flockette with my very first incubated brood. 14 mail ordered blue splash marans eggs...6 piped this morning and as I sit here I hear their first little peeps. How egg-citing!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by