Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

One more question (well probably not really) Does anyone have a good rule of thumb for roost space per-bird. I know about coop size and run size but i havent seen much about how much roosting space per bird to give them.

Sure thing ~ this is the updated list as of today.

March 21 ~ Black Australop pullets, Rhode Island Red pullets, Easter Egger pullets

March 25 ~ Buff Orpington pullets ( were scheduled for March 21, but delayed)

March 28 ~ Easter Egger pullets, White Leghorn pullets, Buff Orpington pullets, Pekin ducks straight run

April 10 ~ Welsummer pullets, Assorted bantams straight run, Polish straight run (includes blue, buff laced, gold laced, silver laced, splash and white crested black), Pekin ducks straight run, Rouen Ducks, Khaki Campbell ducks

April 17 ~ Silkie Bantams straight run, Rhode Island Red Pullets, Easter Egger pullets, Light Brahma pullets, Cochin Standard size straight run

April 25 ~ Buff Orpington pullets, Buff Brahama pullets, Silver laced Wyandotte pullets, Gold laced Wyandotte pullets Speckled sussex pullets

May 8 ~ Ring neck pheasants, French Pearl Guineas, Bronze Turkeys

The mailman usually delivers between 10 and 11:30 am. Today it was close to 11:30 and there were several people waiting for him to get there.
whos line is the wellsummer. i may be interested in some

whos line is the wellsummer. i may be interested in some

This list is for the chicks at the West York Agway. They get most of their chicks from Mount Healthy, however he did say that some of them come from other places. He sometimes buys from local breeders too. You could call the store and ask for Jared ~ he might be able to help you with that information. Jared is also here on BYC ~ but I forget what his user name is.
hmm.png

Montgomery County (Eastern side of PA)
Just discovered my fellow PA'ers.
frow.gif

My backyard flock consists of 4 buff brahma's and 3 blue splash marans (all hens which just turned 1 yr old). However, I hope to be increasing the flockette with my very first incubated brood. 14 mail ordered blue splash marans eggs...6 piped this morning and as I sit here I hear their first little peeps. How egg-citing!!!
wee.gif
Hello from Chester County also! Welcome!

Tgank
Sure thing ~ this is the updated list as of today. March 21 ~ Black Australop pullets, Rhode Island Red pullets, Easter Egger pullets March 25 ~ Buff Orpington pullets ( were scheduled for March 21, but delayed) March 28 ~ Easter Egger pullets, White Leghorn pullets, Buff Orpington pullets, Pekin ducks straight run April 10 ~ Welsummer pullets, Assorted bantams straight run, Polish straight run (includes blue, buff laced, gold laced, silver laced, splash and white crested black), Pekin ducks straight run, Rouen Ducks, Khaki Campbell ducks April 17 ~ Silkie Bantams straight run, Rhode Island Red Pullets, Easter Egger pullets, Light Brahma pullets, Cochin Standard size straight run April 25 ~ Buff Orpington pullets, Buff Brahama pullets, Silver laced Wyandotte pullets, Gold laced Wyandotte pullets Speckled sussex pullets May 8 ~ Ring neck pheasants, French Pearl Guineas, Bronze Turkeys The mailman usually delivers between 10 and 11:30 am. Today it was close to 11:30 and there were several people waiting for him to get there.
thanks!!! Looks like I will be there for the polish and the maybe the silkies, Cochins and light brahmas. :)

Montgomery County (Eastern side of PA)
Just discovered my fellow PA'ers.
frow.gif

My backyard flock consists of 4 buff brahma's and 3 blue splash marans (all hens which just turned 1 yr old). However, I hope to be increasing the flockette with my very first incubated brood. 14 mail ordered blue splash marans eggs...6 piped this morning and as I sit here I hear their first little peeps. How egg-citing!!!
wee.gif
Update: 2 hatched
yesss.gif
First one looks like my the girls I got from MPC. But the second one is black with lighter belly fuzz...?

Back
Top Bottom