Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Egg taste depends on their diet. I cannot eat caged eggs, they have to be free-range or I won't eat them. Not just being snobby or stuck up, I just think the caged eggs taste disgusting. Kind of like comparing the pink stuff in a tube at walmart to fresh ground beef.

2. 1stACT

1stACT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Skippack, Pennsylvania
    Help...what's going on???
    I have an egg which is in the process of hatching. From the point of first pip, liquid is coming out. Occasionally I see bubbles being blown. The chick is peeping inside. The first 2 hatched eggs were "dry" w/no liquid or bubbles. Can anyone tell me what's going on with this particular peep?

3. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

What is your humidity at? It might be too high

4. 1stACT

1stACT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2013
    Skippack, Pennsylvania
    It's @ 70% Two vents are open. The other piped eggs aren't bubbling...really yuck!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  5. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    Hey Brittany! You lookin for a white silkie rooster? He's a tough little guy and tries to man up with the big rooster...and loses.

6. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

That's interesting, the other two seem fine? The humidity is a smidge high, I usually lock down at around 60% humidity, but other people have done fine with 70%. I'm concerned about the chick drowning in the egg fluid. Keep an eye on him! Best of luck :)

7. fawngrovechad

fawngrovechad Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2012
    PA in USA
    [​IMG]
    The crew out back after given treats of strawberry tops, cantaloupe, eggshells, and mealworms!!!

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Sally Sunshine

Yup, that's her! Message this woman!

Happy Happy Chooks!

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    where are the bubbles coming from? its beak or egg, are the bubbles yellow orange green ? PICS are always helpful when asking for help too
    is it peeping at the location of the hole?

If you need help tonight you should post in the incubating threads and ask for help, the west coast will be online for a while yet, but I gotta head to bed, kids coming early tomorrow again!

Good Luck and I hope she is ok!

10. Brittany7

Brittany7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2013
    Gardners PA
    i am not looking for a rooster...if it happens in my batch of chicks then thats okay but not actively looking for one sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by