Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

You read my mind. I think I set those limits today! Unfortunately for my kids, I think that also means they will grow up not knowing A LOT of my family. A real shame, because they used to be wonderful people, or so I thought, until something got a hold of them? I swear in the world we live in today, you've got to be prepared for any sucker punch, from anywhere, and anyone. Live and Learn, I guess..

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Yup, family is who you choose, not who you're stuck with.

There is a reason (besides my fiancee) that I live in Pa and my family is in NJ. I love them, in SMALL doses. My take on life is nothing like theirs.

3. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    Sending hugs and calm your way!!

(I typed "hugs and clams" first but figured that wouldn't help too much!!)

I hope April brings you much awesomeness!

4. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

I must say that I believe they are not. BUT its been over 3 years that I have had ducks so far and no one beside my douche bag neighbors have made any deal about it.. you would think that since those neighbors are my aunt and uncle they wouldn't say much. Hate them >.> Lots of people in the neighbor hood come in and like to see them and feed them. So what ever. If it comes to it I will fight twp

5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

I dunno....clams are pretty yummy...so that's helpful.

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Awww, sorry today was so rough, consider yourself hugged. Hope tomorrow brings some sunshine your way.

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

This is So awesome! What a good Dad, Chad.

8. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

If all goes well I will be going to the York Show!!! For as long as I can deff get that day off :D

Also. I have a female rouen duck.... Today I had let all my ducks go to the pond... later in the day only some came back to the pen.. it was early yet and I didn't think anything of it. My Dad took a walk down to the pond around 5 just to check on things. Here my rouen was UNABLE to walk and all the other ducks had stayed down there with her and wouldn't leave her! My Dad carried her back to the house and then the other ducks followed! My ducks all have a strong family bond! My thoughts on what is wrong with her is that my drakes overly mated her and exhausting her. She is missing some feathers on her back and outside the tub really will not put any weight on her feet! So after a crazy trip to Wal-mart to find some apple cider, which I never found, and cottage cheese. I ended coming home with the cottage cheese and strawberries. I currently have her upstairs in a pen. She already had some of the strawberry and cottage cheese mix. I added the electrolyte and vitamin mix to her water. She is currently sleeping and relaxing! I hope for a speedy recovery for her. She is such a sweet duck!

9. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Missy....

Best wishes for your day tomorrow!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    :hugs sending love, energy, and good thoughts your way! I will give you all the cuddles tomorrow round 4 or 5!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by