Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania

Awwweee, I hope you find your dream chicken lady! Chicken people getting together is so darn cute!!

Unfortunately, I cannot help in this department, for I am...uh...little :lol:

Best of luck! Hope you find her!

2. bruceh

bruceh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    hanover pa
    @newbie1. i feel off my chair laughing. watch out for the mean old chicken math bug. i remember i started with 7 chicks for some eggs. now those 7 chickens turned into a full time job raising birds for meat and eggs for profit. i raise over 150 birds not including turkeys.

3. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I absolutely love it! Chicken person and your gonna save me pie......wow! [​IMG][​IMG]. Now if I could sweet talk a random old lady to bake me fruit pies on a regular basis , you know just to see if she still has the knack of baking,,,,,I'd be in heaven!!!!
    You just need a doctor's note lol
    Everyone knows what I take for a long day of getting your azz kicked by a turkey and than de-boning them. OJ! Had some before I got to your house that day. Kinda numbed the azz kicking I got a bit.
    I like the way you think!
    I have the same problem...I know what caused mine...medicinal OJ lol
    Just one shot!? Half a glass is what Dr. Patrick recommends.
    Yes I do.....
    Sucker punch and sometimes a roundhouse kick.
    I'm sure the clams would help. We could have a clam bake and make a day of it lol

4. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    If your already attracted to a chicken lady than no need for a chicken lady classified.
    Little? That describes half the gals on here LMAO

5. kalbach8

kalbach8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    PA
    Hi Everyone! Its been a week since I've been on and there have been 1200 posts! Hope everyone had a great Easter. My hatches flopped so now I'm in search of some chicks for the girls to show at the fair in the fall? Does anyone have any available? What breeds and price? Thanks everyone.

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    MISSY!!! Today is the day! Good luck, girl! No puking allowed.

7. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    [​IMG]

8. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I have some Olive Eggers and 2 MF Bantam Cochin project chicks left from Saturday's hatch. My zip is 19375, not sure if I'd be close enough for you. My kids like to use the bantam Cochins for showmanship as they are small and have a sweet personality.

9. JerseyHen

JerseyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Sussex County, NJ
    Help! Day 22 hatching bobwhites (my first ever hatch) and noticed pips going into lockdown on day 20. I understand this its early for them usually a 23 - 24 day hatch time. So i upped the humidity from 55 to 65 and locked them down. 34 if 37 made it to lockdown. 7 pips later no more action. It has been over 24 hrs. I have to leave town. What should i advise my dh to do? I don't think he is up to helping them out of shells. should i not be worried since they have a few days yet before they should be out or is the concern triggered by the amount of time from pip? I am concerned they got shrink wrapped. I asked on a quail hatching page, but it its a very quiet thread. Thanks to anyone for info!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  10. JoanO

JoanO Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2011
    Spring Grove, PA
    Good luck today, Missy!! You'll be fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by