Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    God, I hope that was NOT my mother! Lol!

2. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania

Hugs! I stayed home today to avoid a conflict w/my in-laws. Sometimes holidays just aren't worth the stress! Hope tomorrow is a better day!

3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Aww...thanks, I'll try hard not to throw up.

4. zinia8

zinia8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Reels Corner, PA.
    Congrats
    Hugs. I use to have a real hard time with my ex's family. I found them to be total nut jobs and head game players. They didn't like me cause I refused to play their games
    X2

5. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    My day is finally over! Hauled the Monster coop home and artfully positioned it into my yard so that it wouldn't tip over. Spent the next couple of hours working on minor repairs. Next step, rig lighting, set up 250 watt red bulb so that it hangs at the perfect height in one half of the divided coop. Kick out old hay and chicken bits, lay down fresh wood chips. Now, move the majority of my 30+ chickens out of my house into their new 8' x 4' (sorry, thought it was five but it appears to be closer to four. Haven't put a measuring tape to it yet) grow out pen.
    Poultry in house pre coop arrival-
    4 Meaties
    8 RSL
    1 Lazy, cuddly BO roo
    1 weirdo silkie
    1 spastic, friendly little SS
    11 buckeyes
    4 German new hamps
    1 Bossy light sussex
    1 Faverolles
    1 Cali Grey
    3 itty bitty bantams
    4 Khaki Campbells

Poultry in house Post coop arrival-
    3 itty bitty bantams
    1 buckeye, my runty one that hasn't figured out how to grow feathers
    4 Khaki Campbells (until they fully feather out, then they move to the PVC chicken tractor)

To say the least, it feels so much cleaner and quieter in here!!
    Oh, and sorry for the delay of pictures of the Buff laced Sebright (who I'm 90% sure actually is a buff laced sebright), I've been running around so much I haven't been on the computer to post them yet! Will do as soon as I find time...

6. zinia8

zinia8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Reels Corner, PA.
    Where is Sally????

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

I would guess she wass on the Easter hatch along thread when she was able to get online today.... she was probably pretty busy much of the day with Easter stuff at home with the kids too.
    Hoping she'll be back on tomorrow, if not we'll have to send out a search party! LOL

8. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Argh, I know that feeling! I refuse to talk to certain family members. I swear even when they will be 80 years old they will STILL act 12!!!

9. newbie01

newbie01 New Egg

Mar 21, 2013
    Thanks, my friend. I don't have chickens right now. But I'm very attracted to a chicken lady. I'm a 46-year-old guy, hardworking and financially secure. I can help a chicken lady with her chicken (poultry) venture. I can even help her start a chicken farm if she likes. Of course I will share some of the chicken chores. By the way I'm from Allentown. And I don't mind driving.

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Happy Easter!!!!! Everyone (belated). Congratulations to fisherlady and radioman! Missy have a great day today!!!!

Welcome to all the newbies!

Sally hope you are doing okay!

Just hatched 12/15 hatched eggs that came all the way from California! 3 Ameraucana, and 9 b/b/s English Orpington! Next up is home growns! Ameraucana, SLW, LF Cochin!!! I had an early one pop out tonight 3 days early! They were still in the turner! He made it to the bottom on his own alright. I left him/her in the bator and set the rest of the eggs down, they were peeping! Guess they wanna come out early!!!

If anyone wants a nice splash Ameraucana rooster please let me know. For breeding, not freezer camp. Not that I am against freezer camp, I am looking to sell him. No rehoming.

Good night!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by