Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania

I have 4 KCs that are 6wks or so. I also have 4 adult Pekins (2 jumbo, 2 reg) and 4 I was told were blue Swedes when I got them but the 3 girls are solid blue and the drake is a blue pied. Honestly, I don't mind the ducks, but mine are not friendly, lap ducks. They come close, but won't let us touch them. We don't really socialize them very much and I know we should.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Plant whatever you choose, take a picture to remember what it looked like....they're like locusts...they'll leave no green uneaten.

Yeah, this.

My ducks are Muscovies....I think their cute, I especially like the fact that they don't quack. My roosters are plenty noisy. Though my drake seems to think HE gets first crack at any corn I have. And second, and third...all those other birds are figments of my imagination...and he'll pull my pants to remind me of that.

3. AUNT KAT

AUNT KAT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2013
    Lebanon, Pa
    I have 6 Khaki campbell ducklings myself right now. Have been dying for Khaki campbells, so I got them. We've been working with them A LOT. Previously, I had Pekins, Mallards, and Muscovy before (the last of my Muscovy I am rehoming because they are lonely with the rest of their group gone from age). Ducks are messy, but I love them. Seems the ones I raised from babies are friendlier though. I got these Muscovies at an auction full grown, and they don't really care at all about me. I've heard the Khaki campbells are known for very sweet personalities.

4. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Good list but they did forget a few things you may want to check into....

- Utilities
    - Life insurance policies, AFLAC type policies if you don't have them through your work place
    - Concealed carry permits, gun permit
    - Have your parents check for any legal documents they may have you listed on to avoid Pain in the ***** paperwork during times of stress
    ..... I am referring to if you are listed on Power of Attorney paperwork for financial or medical decisions
    .... also if you are listed in wills or living trusts they may want to do an addendum about your name change. I'm sure it wouldn't void anything, but who wants to dig out paperwork at a time like that?
    - fishing and hunting licenses
    -Post office maybe? If you have a PO box especially, but may be good idea to let your rural carrier know your name is changed in case they have mislabeled packages and they don't recognize the name.

5. motherhen71185

motherhen71185 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2012
    Southern York County, PA
    Kiomey came over this afternoon and took my extra baby roo's (at least i think they are roo's) Thanks again!! Now on to the next batch of baby chickies!! yay!!

6. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Kiomey, now I see through the gifts!! They were because you WEREN'T taking my roos! LOL![​IMG]

7. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    I met Aunt Kat tonight!! AND....she gave me some DElicious bread. It is the very quickest way to my DH's heart, THANK YOU!

8. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    hahahahahahaha I know, I dropped by Chrissy's right after work, I had no hyacinths on hand! xD And the babies are all so frickin cute! I feel a lil bad for Bluff's eye, the other chicks occassionally peck at it and make her cry, I've had to rescue her a few times... *sigh* poor baby!

9. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

i am feeling this pain right now. Brought home an LG from 4H, and it was up to 109... I didn't know incubators could go this high.

10. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Well, I have no excuses. I didn't have special OJ or anything. I just bid on a bunch of goose eggs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by