Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I can't put mine out in the coop until I get something to cover the leaky roof. Anyone in my area now where I can find some cheap (free would be nice) metal roofing. I priced it at Lowes,$31.00 a sheet. I almost swallowed my tongue. I need at least 4 sheets to cover their area. I've been watching CL but no luck. We had roll roofing on but the high winds shredded it off.

Did you try advertising on Freecycle?

Check with companies that build pole buildings ~ they often have cover sheets that they just get rid of that they may give or sell for a cheaper price. The cover sheets are usually scratched or dented. We used the cover sheets from our building for one of our coops. They were just going to throw them away.

I go to Tractor Supply in state college for now. A 50lb bag of medicated chick starter (as I have babies) is almost $19.00. I am going to be looking into feed Mills before long. I do believe there is one in centre hall and mill hall. Hope that helps! :)

I go to Centre Hall and get Southern States layer crumbles 50 lbs for $16.95. They also sell local honey, which is a bonus for me :)

I am pleased to announce that I purchased Reyvaugh's LF Ameraucana. I know it is a bittersweet feeling for her. We are very excited, and thank her very much!

Yay! So happy for you both!

This isn't the 1st time around for either of us & we've both done the church wedding thing. We don't want the extra expense, so are going as cheap as possible. I'll make my own very simple dress & he wants to wear jeans & a nice shirt. I didn't even make him buy me a rock.
gig.gif
We'll get cheap bands when the time comes. What can I say, I'm a cheapskate.
idunno.gif
No rock here, either. We got engagement bands that we just spun for the marriage ceremony. We're getting titanium bands for the wedding. I too clean up, though makeup is still beyond me. My girlfriend came over and did it for me on Monday, I walked out and asked him what he thought, he asked where I was!
Oh my!!

http://fox43.com/2013/04/04/egg-truck-crash-closes-strasburg-road-in-lancaster-county/#axzz2PDOYQa2g
Egg Truck Crash Closes Strasburg Road in Lancaster County

[COLOR=0088CC] [/COLOR]
A tractor trailer hauling eggs apparently hit a cow and then a utility pole before stopping in a ditch early this morning. It happened in the 700 block of Strasburg Road in Paradise Township, around 4:45am. Utility lines are down and the truck’s fuel tanks have leaked into a small tributary stream at the crash site. Lancaster County Control says the road will be closed for an extended period of time. The driver of the truck was taken to Lancaster General Hospital.
Someone's having an omelet for breakfast!
Radioman and I got the Good Friday date, but we had ours officiated by the mayor of a local town. He was able to do it that day and it worked great with our work schedules and his sister and brother in law (both disabled) were able to attend easily because the borough building is handicap friendly. So if scheduling is difficult for you then check out the option of a local mayor, they may be a bit more flexible than the county office folks. We got a list of who is legally allowed to perform a marriage ceremony in our state when we got our license, but I'm sure that list is available online or through a phone call to the county courthouse in your area. We just went to a local diner afterwards for lunch, the diner allowed our friends (who had apparently contacted them a few days before) to bring in a cake for us. It was a great way to get married without stressing over things that really shouldn't matter. But DH didn't get off quite as lucky as your fiance... he did get stuck buying me a ring... and actually ended up with an extra wedding band for when I don't want to wear my fancy rings because I am doing 'non-girly' activities, like running the chain saw or log splitter, fishing or cleaning fish, construction work, etc. :oops:
So a bunch of us get together on the first Monday night of the month, every month at a local restaurant. We have the private room in the back. At the March get together, I asked our waitress (same we always have, and basically an assistant manager) to grab the calendar for me, so I could reserve for our luncheon after the marriage ceremony. She looks at me like I have 2 heads when I asked for April 1. She says, "you guys are already on the schedule." I told her, no, I need it for 2 pm that afternoon. So she puts us on the schedule and then I request that they get the Pink Champagne cake from the local bakery. Fast forward to the luncheon and she comments that the cake the bakery sent is huge "like for a wedding" I laugh, and say "well this is a wedding" She asks "Whose?" Mine. LMAO...apparently I left some details out.
You guys have been chatty, I just read over 100 posts, I have to go to work to pay for my addiction, and you guys go wild..... I will try to remember what i read... Chad,,,,,,Need anything,,,give a holler...even disposal service... Galgo.....will be there just give a holler when....not very crafty, but I buy all kinds of things....If I remember correctly, you are just outside of mt gretna... weekend in june is better for me,,,most field planting is done..suppose I could do some mealworm starters or something like that.. That's all i can remember, brain is drawing a blank as to what I just read...
Oooh mealworm starters....that might be good...since DH won't let me try them.
Mine will be a plain band for exactly that reason. I'm not very "girly" very often & hate big rings that catch on things. I clean up well when I want to, but that's not very often.
gig.gif
My clean up times aren't usually my choice.
Found out this morning that my name has been put into the hat for yet another shift transfer, different hours again.... REALLY !!!!!!! DO I LOOK LIKE A ******* YO-YO
Umm...you might be short enough to be one....but no, I don't think you really look like one...not round enough.
Like MCC, I need to know when I can get my 7wk chicks outside...the smell is invading the rest of the house and they need more room than the dog crate/brooder provides...What is the minimum temp that they can handle?....they look fully feathered...
Mine went out at 4 weeks. I hated the stink.
Here's a nice reference chart I found....probably just good for us newbies..... http://www.albc-usa.org/documents/chickenbreedcomparison.pdf
That's how I picked my first 12 breeds.
Hi to everyone noticed i live close to some of you!
Welcome aboard! If you wanna see where everyone is located, check the map in my sig

Back
Top Bottom