Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. annie82005

annie82005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa
    I go to Tractor Supply in state college for now. A 50lb bag of medicated chick starter (as I have babies) is almost $19.00. I am going to be looking into feed Mills before long. I do believe there is one in centre hall and mill hall. Hope that helps! :)

2. annie82005

annie82005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2013
    Snow Shoe, Pa
    I go to Tractor Supply in state college for now. A 50lb bag of medicated chick starter (as I have babies) is almost $19.00. I am going to be looking into feed Mills before long. I do believe there is one in centre hall and mill hall. Hope that helps! :)

3. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Found out this morning that my name has been put into the hat for yet another shift transfer, different hours again....

REALLY !!!!!!! DO I LOOK LIKE A ******* YO-YO

4. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    Yes, I have been going to Tractor Supply and Calico Creek (Mill Hall) so far for my babies. Same price at both for Purina. Calico Creek carries Southern States, now, too.

Centre Hall is $23 for 100# (so I'm told). I'm also going to check Albright Mill in Mill Hall. The Tyrone Mill posts their prices on their website.

5. stake

stake Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa
    Like MCC, I need to know when I can get my 7wk chicks outside...the smell is invading the rest of the house and they need more room than the dog crate/brooder provides...What is the minimum temp that they can handle?....they look fully feathered...

6. stake

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa

If my memory serves(?), I remember one of the "Chad"s found a really good price of feed....it was a week or two ago.....

7. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I'm moving my 3 week olds out to my pole building next week when they are 4 weeks old ~ under heat lights. Temps are supposed tp be in the 40's at night then.

8. dblea202

dblea202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    So we found out today the BLRW we thought was a hen is now a.roo...first crow was this morning...well a kinda crow LOL he needs some practice ;)but we can't keep him cause we aren't allowed roos where we are. Anybody know anyone who may want him? I wish we could keep him but we just can't :(

9. stake

Feb 5, 2013
    Malvern, pa

Just screw with them tell them you volunteer for third shift.....then they'll put you on first shift......

10. yelnad

yelnad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2012
    Central PA
    My 3 and 6 wk olds were moved out into the coop over the weekend with 2 lamps. They have been fine and I figure if they got through the last 2 nights, then we should be home free! At 7 wks they might even be fine without a lamp as long as there are enough of them to snuggle up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by