Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    To find where the majority of us are, check the link in my signature. Give me your zipcode, and I'll add you.
    The edible kind, or just decorative?
    You can vent to us, we don't mind!
    Congrats! And you always make such pretty displays with your eggs..I'm lucky to get them in the cartons!
    Great....another things I want now....
    LMAO...I may have to stop at your place on my way to NJ to pick up eggs...and on my way home to pick up chicks! LOL
    I think after this weekend I'll be done being gone on weekends....so don't tempt me!
    You're not helping either!
    Welcome!
    Sorry to hear about your lamb. Hopefully Chrystal gets over her heartbreak!

2. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Hi Missy! BigPoppy & I are in Bellaire, OH 43906.

I have chicks coming out my ears & soon ducklings will be too. I'll be setting more ducks on Sunday for the Cinco de Mayo hatch-a-long. Not sure how many yet, depends on how many I have that I don't need for orders & how many will fit in my bators. I have staggered hatches going in 3 bators right now with 3 kinds of quail & chicks currently hatching, more chicks, quail, ducks & poults due within the week & more set for after that all the way into May. Oh, and Toulouse geese in the mix too. I have 7 kinds of ducks either set or on the way. And more chickens than I can keep track of.

Then there's MY wish list:
    LF & bantam EE & OE
    Marans
    Silkies
    Sebbies
    Toulouse
    Pilgrims
    Scovies
    Runners
    Calls
    Rouens
    Peafowl

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  3. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Added...and BTW, in reading your sig, I realize you're getting married 3 days after me! (Why a Tuesday?)

4. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    So HE can remember the date. [​IMG] It's exactly 1 month after his birthday. Plus we aren't doing a church wedding, just a magistrate & you have to do that when they are open.

5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Beautiful!!! And congrats on that green egg!

6. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    LOL....I see you put more thought into it than I did. Here's how we decided on our wedding date.: Me: Hey sis, when is your brother-in-law getting married? Her: 10/19/13. Ok. Me: (talking to aunt and cousin at a picnic) So we're looking at either the first or second weekend in October. Cousin: I have a friend's wedding on the 5th. Me: The 12th it is. Cousin: Seriously?? Me: Yup, we're not tied to a date, just wanted it early enough there might still be leaves. And totally understand having to do it when the magistrate is available. We did the marriage on Monday just to get it over with. (We're having a friend officiate the wedding ceremony). And we'd wanted to do it on Friday, but for some strange reason, Good Friday is a holiday for our county offices....ODD

7. SilkieSensation

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    This isn't the 1st time around for either of us & we've both done the church wedding thing. We don't want the extra expense, so are going as cheap as possible. I'll make my own very simple dress & he wants to wear jeans & a nice shirt. I didn't even make him buy me a rock. [​IMG] We'll get cheap bands when the time comes. What can I say, I'm a cheapskate. [​IMG]

8. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Oh my!!

http://fox43.com/2013/04/04/egg-truck-crash-closes-strasburg-road-in-lancaster-county/#axzz2PDOYQa2g

Egg Truck Crash Closes Strasburg Road in Lancaster County
    [​IMG]
    A tractor trailer hauling eggs apparently hit a cow and then a utility pole before stopping in a ditch early this morning. It happened in the 700 block of Strasburg Road in Paradise Township, around 4:45am. Utility lines are down and the truck’s fuel tanks have leaked into a small tributary stream at the crash site. Lancaster County Control says the road will be closed for an extended period of time. The driver of the truck was taken to Lancaster General Hospital.

9. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  10. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

It didn't say ~ but I would imagine not good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by